Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Repair Meyer-Optik Primagon 35mm f/4.5 M42
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sat Apr 17, 2021 7:01 pm    Post subject: Repair Meyer-Optik Primagon 35mm f/4.5 M42 Reply with quote

Hi all,

Looking for advice. I disassembled, cleaned, and relubed this Meyer-Optik Primagon 35mm f/4.5 lens in M42 mount. Everything went back together fine until I got to the last step. Need to attach the mount and it needs to slide over two springs that hold the helicoid keys/pins in place. One side of the mount is easy to get in place, but then I can't depress the spring on the other side enough to get the mount over it. Any ideas? Any tools you've used to achieve this? I've tried tooth picks, flat head screwdrivers, but nothing works to push that spring in and get the mount over it.

Thanks!

PostPosted: Sat Apr 17, 2021 7:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Update: Was able to figure it out. After looking at the mount again, thought the two pieces might unscrew and was eventually able to get them apart. This allowed me to attach the mount over the springs and add the final piece of aluminum trim.