Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Hoya Super EL 60mm f4 enlarger lens
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2021 10:21 am    Post subject: Hoya Super EL 60mm f4 enlarger lens Reply with quote

Some shots from the garden using a Hoya Super EL 60mm f4 enlarger lens. Mounted on a Canon EOS 5DS R using a helicoid, aperture of either f8 or f11. Some cropping and obviously resizing for sharing here. All hand held.

This one was pretty much the full frame.

And below is a crop from the full image above, shared at actual pixel resolution (no resizing for sharing).

And finally the lens itself.

Overall I quite like this lens, although I do need to get a suitable hood for it as it is prone to flaring.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2021 9:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice one - expected good results!! Like 1 Like 1

PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2021 11:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hoya enlarger lenses perform quite well in the macro range.i have the 75mm 4.5.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2021 4:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Weird double post. Sorry.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2021 1:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JMC

I enjoyed your presentation. Very nice photos. Thank you.

But I particularly want to thank you for your kindness and consideration in including a photo of the lens itself! We are MF lens fans here. It is always interesting, and very important, to be able to see the lens you used to capture those great images!

I wish others understood that like you do, and would follow your lead.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2021 3:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks all.

Yes, Guardian, I must remember to include a picture of the lens more often when I post, I have sometimes but not others. It makes sense to include an image of it, especially in cases when various versions of a lens exist.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 13, 2021 8:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Had another couple of the Super EL enlarger lenses arrive and one had the original lens leaflet in it. Has some interesting data on the different ones available so am sharing a copy here in case it is of interest to others as I was struggling to find out much about these.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 13, 2021 8:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Jonathan, helpful!

It also shows that the 60mm indeed is a special lens: 8 elements in 4 groups, not just the standard 6 element!

That one reaches down to 380nm, whereas all others reach down to 370nm - interesting and possibly useful!