Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Goerz Frontar 90mm f/8
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2023 8:33 am    Post subject: Goerz Frontar 90mm f/8 Reply with quote

Because of the T2 universal screw mount socket I gave the lens I can use it with nearly every ever made cameras system.
Here it is mounted on a Contarex Bullseye.
The lens has now a diaphrame aperture and a helicoid.
It has now a higher speed because with the new aperture I used more of the lens surface, speed is f/6.5
Focus range is oo-0.5m

PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2023 6:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A great steampunk looking combination! Is it a meniscus lens? I was curious how it performs, but did not wish to cannibalize a similar Kodak Hawkeye camera. Do you have some sample shots taken with it?

P.S. Found a sample shot in another section of the forum. Not that bad, but I expected more glow.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2023 8:40 am    Post subject: Samples Reply with quote

alex ph wrote:
A great steampunk looking combination! Is it a meniscus lens? I was curious how it performs, but did not wish to cannibalize a similar Kodak Hawkeye camera. Do you have some sample shots taken with it?

P.S. Found a sample shot in another section of the forum. Not that bad, but I expected more glow.

I made some test shots with a Nikon D700
I found that this meniscus lens has a much better perfomance with a digital sensor than with analogue films. I can´t explain it.

Here with f/8

And the second with ~ f/13

PostPosted: Sun Apr 16, 2023 12:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is more or less I expected to see. Curious about the difference with film and digital. I wonder if the internal IR filter of your Nikon (if any) could be in charge of such a difference.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 23, 2023 3:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would try it in B&W mode.