Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Angenieux 35-70mm Mount conversion
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sat Apr 10, 2021 1:51 pm    Post subject: Angenieux 35-70mm Mount conversion Reply with quote

Hello guys, I've recently bought this lens in Canon FD mount. Is it possible to convert the lens to Nikon F mount? For now ill be using it with a Nikon Z6 but I wanted to use it on Film on a Nikon FE.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 10, 2021 2:47 pm    Post subject: Re: Angenieux 35-70mm Mount conversion Reply with quote

Hello!

I'm not sure about the conversion but for solving the problem I would get a Canon camera to use it on.
This is what I have done when getting a lens with the wrong mount.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 10, 2021 3:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sell it and buy a nikon ver.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 10, 2021 7:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know but the register distances, https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flange_focal_distance

Gives Nikon Z is 16mm

and canon FD is 42 mm

And nikon F is 46.5mm

This means the mount you substitute for the Canon FD Is not reversible as the lense needs to be shortened by 4.5 mm, see the Z comments below.

But Nikon Z allows 30.5mm for an adapter, With this lense I would choose a good brand, with Parallel mounts and good accuracy on length, flocked interior.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 12, 2021 9:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Better to buy a beater/user copy of the New F-1 AE than to butcher a lens like that. F-1 bodies are surprisingly good value while the world is chasing AE-1 and AE-1 Program bodies - a brassy copy of the 'Pro' camera can be had for the same or less than a minty black AE-1P. If you are comfortable with a more modern device, the T90 is outstanding value and also fits well with the 80's plastic aesthetic of the Angenieux lens bodies.