Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

P.ANGENIEUX-ZOOM f2.8 45-90mm For LEITZ - LEICAFLX
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2021 2:05 am    Post subject: P.ANGENIEUX-ZOOM f2.8 45-90mm For LEITZ - LEICAFLX Reply with quote

With Sony A7R Body

PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2021 2:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very beautiful images.
Exceptional detail and resolution.
Congratulations
Tom

PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2021 3:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Like 1 Like 1 Too beautiful! Thank you so much.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2021 3:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you!

PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2021 6:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Correction:

the full name of the lens is: Angelieux-zoom f2.8 45-90mm for Leitz - leicaflex

PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2021 11:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

laenee wrote:
Correction:

the full name of the lens is: Angelieux-zoom f2.8 45-90mm for Leitz - leicaflex

Angénieux Wink

PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2021 2:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Superb images. Which city is this?

PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2021 2:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

vivaldibow wrote:

Friends

Thank you. It's Shanghai.

Shanghai is the most populous and the largest modern city in China. Even in the 1930s and 1940s, the noble and elegant buildings and the

spirit of civilization, progress and science embodied by the residents in this noble residential area can be compared with London and

New York at that time.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2021 3:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

laenee wrote:
vivaldibow wrote:

Friends

Thank you. It's Shanghai.

Shanghai is the most populous and the largest modern city in China. Even in the 1930s and 1940s, the noble and elegant buildings and the

spirit of civilization, progress and science embodied by the residents in this noble residential area can be compared with London and

New York at that time.

I know that...Smile) These kind of architecture is usually seen in Su Zhou or Hang Zhou. That's why I wasn't too sure.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 12, 2021 1:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shots of great character, congratulations!

A special thanks for posting both versions of the shots, in BW and in original colour. First I thought you converted into BW using a dedicated software, such as Nik or LR. Then I took your colour shot, desaturated it and realized you just did that for your first presentation.

This shows a particular feature of the lens: it has a very specially balanced general contrast and micros-contrast. I'd say its microcontrast is not great in colour. For example, looking at the male's face in your first BW shot when in original colour version, I am almost tempted to judge the lens as "glowy", as it has something in common with triplet rendering. This impression completely dissapears in BW version that leaves only sharpness to observe and cut some nuances, making the face look soft and sleek. I observe a similar feature in some French projection lenses, such as this Benoist Berthiot zoom, but with lower sharpness and control of aberrations in the latter case.