Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Mushroom
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sun Mar 14, 2021 6:05 pm    Post subject: Mushroom Reply with quote

Mamiya C330, 80mm lens, ilford hp5.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 16, 2021 1:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A nice contrasty shot!

You must have a good scanner, no grain at all.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 16, 2021 1:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not really. It is very old. An Epson v500.
Thank you.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 16, 2021 3:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

!Karen wrote:
Not really. It is very old. An Epson v500.
Thank you.

First of all Karen, your shot is excellent, I like it a lot.
Secondly, I apologize for hijacking your thread but the Epson V500 in my opinion is a sleeper scanner! I bought one second hand recently for peanuts and I have been digitizing my 35mm slides. I have used all sorts of scanners over the years including dedicated slide scanners, but the V500 has given me the best results. Here is a sample scan from a Fujifilm slide.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2021 8:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, Edgar, that's another clear illustration of the pretty no-grain capacity shown by the scanner.

What was the "peanuts" price, if it is not a secret? I found one offer at 80 euros at a local forum, while several others at ebay turn around 200. Those are pretty costy peanuts. So, I presume the scanner still benefits from a good reputation.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2021 9:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

alex ph wrote:
Wow, Edgar, that's another clear illustration of the pretty no-grain capacity shown by the scanner.

What was the "peanuts" price, if it is not a secret? I found one offer at 80 euros at a local forum, while several others at ebay turn around 200. Those are pretty costy peanuts. So, I presume the scanner still benefits from a good reputation.

Mine was $135 when new. B&H has new one of $99. Check the Epson refurbished store for the best deals...

PostPosted: Thu Mar 18, 2021 6:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds like on the other side of the Atlantic you have better chances. In European markets 200 remains a rather regular price.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 18, 2021 8:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Let me say. I am not bashing the scanner. I have been using it for 15 or so years now. I bought it at a discounted price because it was used as a demo model in the camera store. I am still using it because indeed the quality is still adequate. But there are much better ones on the market but price/quality this one is great Wink

In the future I am looking to upgrade to a model that can also scan 4*5.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 18, 2021 12:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

alex ph wrote:
What was the "peanuts" price, if it is not a secret?

Mine cost me £25 in as new condition. Very Happy

PostPosted: Thu Mar 18, 2021 11:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That was a lucky strike!