Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Tokina 17mm RMC exchange mounts
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2021 11:49 am    Post subject: Tokina 17mm RMC exchange mounts Reply with quote

Hello
Many years since I was last time at this forum. Getting back to tinkering with lenses and have a question if somebody maybe knows.

I have Tokina 17mm RMC for FD and PK mounts (PK missing the aperture ring though...)
Would like to convert one to Olympus OM mount.

Do you think that a mount from another Tokina RMC lens (some other focal lenght) that has the same aperture range (3.5,5.6,8,11,16) would be possible to scavange for the backside of the lens that is for OM and mount the back it on the 17mm? The mount part and the aperture ring look the same...the question is if the inside is possible to modify to fit.
Does anybody have experience? I know that within the same 17mm the FD and PK mounts were easily interchangable.

Thanks!

PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2021 2:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I modified a PK for M42. This is how I did it.

I removed the mount and took out the aperture coupling lever. You don't need it with anything else. Next I bought a M42 reversing ring. This has the M42 on one side and a filter thread on the other side. The filter size isnt critical but you want something that will sit against the rear of the lens. I ground off the filter ring and thinned the metal mount, checking with the lens until I got infnity focus.

The OM mount has a longer back focus so check the lens first and keep taking some off until you get infinity.

My method of fixing the lens to the mount is quite crude and needs no engineering skills. I matched up the mount and lined it up so that the index will fall to the top then using a few small spots of epoxy stuck the lens to the mount. When it was dry, I filled the rest in with epoxy putty and let it dry. The epoxy putty provides a strong, light proof bond.

Sadly I no longer have the lens to show you