Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Curiosity: What is a 60mm screw mount?
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Thu Apr 01, 2021 10:42 am    Post subject: Curiosity: What is a 60mm screw mount? Reply with quote

Out of sheer curiosity: I just stumbled across an eBay listing for a Carl Zeiss Jena 80mm 2.8 Biometar of which the seller says it has a 60mm screw mount (the seller has 4000+ feedback at 99.7%, so I would assume them to be reliable). Looking at the pictures it does appear to be definitely larger than M42.

I don't remember ever reading about a 60mm screw mount, nor am I aware of these CZJ 80mm lenses being made in such a mount (M42, Exakta, Pentacon Six and Praktina as far as I know).

Anyone have an idea on what this is? I have no intention of buying it, but am very curious.

Regards, C.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 01, 2021 11:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, Hasselblad 1600F/1000F (and also the Kiev-88/Salyut) mount can tecnically be described as "screw mount".
Can you share the mount photo from the eBay listing?

PostPosted: Thu Apr 01, 2021 2:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here is a picture. Carl Zeiss Jena 80mm 2.8 Biometar, with the "60mm mount".

(Anyone who closely follows eBay might recognize the table upon which this picture was taken. In my experience this seller always uses the same table for this purpose).

Regards, C.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 01, 2021 3:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Biometar are very nice lenses IMHO. I lucked into a buy some years ago for less than 50 bucks. Mine is the Pentacon/Exakta 66 mount though.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 01, 2021 6:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nope, that's not the Hassie/Kiev mount. Never seen this one before.
The body looks like Praktina version, but the rear part is completely different. And that slanted rear barrel confuses me.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 01, 2021 7:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Slanted to allow mirror to clear, I think.

Maybe an adapter screwed onto m42 lens. Maybe try to remove it.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 01, 2021 9:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

One of the few screw mounts I'm aware of that I don't have size info for is the Zeiss Ikon Flektoskop/Flektometer mount.
Could it be that???

PostPosted: Fri Apr 02, 2021 12:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Reflex Korelle?

PostPosted: Fri Apr 02, 2021 1:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

wiki has the "large" reflex korelle as 55mm threads.