Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Minolta MD III 1,4 50mm
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sat Jun 20, 2020 9:05 pm    Post subject: Minolta MD III 1,4 50mm Reply with quote

Just bought this lens. Took it on my journey to work and played a little bit with it.

[img][/url]L'impasse | The dead end by lumens pixel, sur Flickr[/img]

PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2020 1:59 am    Post subject: Re: Minolta MD III 1,4 50mm Reply with quote

lumens pixel wrote:
Just bought this lens. Took it on my journey to work and played a little bit with it.

L'impasse | The dead end by lumens pixel, on Flickr

PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2020 2:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Like 1 Like 1 Like 1

PostPosted: Sat Dec 04, 2021 12:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A red suitcase:

[img]La valise rouge | The red suitcase by lumens pixel, sur Flickr[/img]

PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2024 12:02 am    Post subject: About to leave Reply with quote

Paris la Défense station

En partance by lumens pixel, sur Flickr

PostPosted: Sat Feb 17, 2024 6:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Interesting moire effects on the ceiling cages in the red suit-case frame- possibly a by-product of pulsing A/C L.E.D. lighting systems?

-D.S.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 17, 2024 7:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Doc Sharptail wrote:
Interesting moire effects on the ceiling cages in the red suit-case frame- possibly a by-product of pulsing A/C L.E.D. lighting systems?

-D.S.

Those Moiré patterns look different on the full image if you click through it. I would hazard a guess it is just the usual type of interference between the cages and the colour filter on the sensor.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2024 9:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

RokkorDoctor wrote:
Doc Sharptail wrote:

-D.S.

Those Moiré patterns look different on the full image if you click through it. I would hazard a guess it is just the usual type of interference between the cages and the colour filter on the sensor.

Odd that that effect shows more here than it does on the hosting page.

I ran into that once before with the Kino variant of the vivitar series 1 80-210 at about 180mm in daylight on some building siding that was close to medium grey in color with a weathered tone. I think I may have dumped the images over that effect. I'll check to see if they are still on one of the cards later.

-D.S.

Last edited by Doc Sharptail on Sun Feb 18, 2024 7:00 pm; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2024 10:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Doc Sharptail wrote:
RokkorDoctor wrote:
Doc Sharptail wrote:

-D.S.

I ran into that once before with the Kino variant of the vivitar series 1 80-200 at about 180mm in daylight on some building siding that was close to medium grey in color with a weathered tone. I think I may have dumped the images over that effect. I'll check to see if they are still on one of the cards later.

-D.S.

MFLenses can re-scale images as part of the upload process, but the images can also be rescaled by the user themselves before uploading.

The Moiré pattern and colour banding will be affected by the scaling re-sampling algorithm used. Even the OS and browser's graphics rendering engine do some scaling and can therefore affect the Moiré pattern and colour banding.

It is an inevitable problem with digitised images when the subject detail spacial frequency gets close(~ish) to the spacial frequency of the sensor sampling, sensor colour filter pattern, display pixel spacial frequency and pixel colour topology.

It is one of the reasons I prefer to do the rescaling myself before uploading my images here; it gives me better control of what the final image will look like, although still not 100% predictable how it will look through the user's graphics rendering engine & screen.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2024 1:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RokkorDoctor wrote:
Doc Sharptail wrote:
RokkorDoctor wrote:
Doc Sharptail wrote:

-D.S.

I ran into that once before with the Kino variant of the vivitar series 1 80-200 at about 180mm in daylight on some building siding that was close to medium grey in color with a weathered tone. I think I may have dumped the images over that effect. I'll check to see if they are still on one of the cards later.

-D.S.

MFLenses can re-scale images as part of the upload process, but the images can also be rescaled by the user themselves before uploading.

The Moiré pattern and colour banding will be affected by the scaling re-sampling algorithm used. Even the OS and browser's graphics rendering engine do some scaling and can therefore affect the Moiré pattern and colour banding.

It is an inevitable problem with digitised images when the subject detail spacial frequency gets close(~ish) to the spacial frequency of the sensor sampling, sensor colour filter pattern, display pixel spacial frequency and pixel colour topology.

It is one of the reasons I prefer to do the rescaling myself before uploading my images here; it gives me better control of what the final image will look like, although still not 100% predictable how it will look through the user's graphics rendering engine & screen.

I did rescale the images before uploading on Flickr but I admit that there is often differences between the uploaded image and the end result, plus the effect of any resampling action on the forum itself...

Having said that the resolution of this lens is very high which increases the chances of causing moiré.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2024 6:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lumens pixel wrote:
Having said that the resolution of this lens is very high which increases the chances of causing moiré.

I've been suspecting something like this for sometime now, and now that I think of it, that effect has shown up to varying levels of detection in my images. In most cases, it's subtle enough to be almost un-noticeable. The other lens of mine that has a penchant for it is the 55mm f3.5 micro-nikkor at non-macro ranges.

Interesting discussion on the causes here!

-D.S.