Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Minolta MD 2,0/45mm
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sun Feb 28, 2021 10:40 am    Post subject: Minolta MD 2,0/45mm Reply with quote

I am using this lens quite often. Weight, inconspicuousness, quality... lot of things in favor of it. I discovered the equivalent focal length on APSC using 28 mm a lot. I often felt quite cramped on full frame with a fifty. All the more when you realize that most of them are indeed 52 to 55 mm focal length. Often 35 mm was too wide and I had to crop a bit.

So I bought a 45. In fact I quickly bought a second. I was disappointed since both were tilted. It does not hurt too much since prices are quite acceptable.

The third one was well centered and with a focal plane parallel to the sensor. I will keep it.

This lens is less good in the corners on flat field subject because of field curvature. Maybe an interesting lens to test on a Nikon Z or on Sony with a Kolari modified sensor. However you can take care of that by closing to f5,6. If you focus for the corners at wide apertures results are quite good.

[img][/url]Le vol by lumens pixel, sur Flickr[/img]

Last edited by lumens pixel on Sun Mar 21, 2021 2:50 pm; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Sun Feb 28, 2021 2:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Like 1 Like 1 Like 1

PostPosted: Sat May 22, 2021 3:34 pm    Post subject: Facing the Mont-Blanc Reply with quote

Facing the Mont-Blanc in the French Alps.

Air was filled with sand coming from the Sahara. This reduced contrast in the distance causing an important contrast difference between foreground and background.

DSC01186_2ra_02 by lumens pixel, sur Flickr

Last edited by lumens pixel on Sat May 22, 2021 10:11 pm; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Sat May 22, 2021 4:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And a crop since flickr and forum do not evidence sharpness:

Please note that the crop on the editing software looks better than on the forum for whatever reason.

PostPosted: Sun May 23, 2021 8:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Like 1 Like 1

PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2022 8:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The old van converted in food truck. Crazy colour.

[img]Citroën HY | La Défense | Food truck by lumens pixel, sur Flickr[/img]

PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2022 9:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

WOW!

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2023 6:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I recently picked up my second copy of this lens. The first one I had years ago I really didn't like. But this one is pretty good.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2023 11:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had to buy three copies to find a good one. On the latest I realised that a set of three screws held pressed the rear optical block and that they were not properly screwed which resulted, when corrected, in a transition from bad to excellent. So I recommend owners of bad copies to check this issue since it is an easy fix.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2023 4:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bokeh and Magnolia bloom.

Magnolia and bokeh bloom by lumens pixel, sur Flickr

PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2023 10:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Colonnade grove, Versailles.

Bosquet de la colonnade | Colonnade grove by lumens pixel, sur Flickr

PostPosted: Tue Dec 26, 2023 7:57 pm    Post subject: Mont Blanc at dawn Reply with quote

This lens likes mountains.

Mont-Blanc à l'aube | Mont-Blanc at dawn by lumens pixel, sur Flickr

PostPosted: Tue Dec 26, 2023 10:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wonderful photo.

Like 1 Like 1 Like 1

PostPosted: Wed Dec 27, 2023 6:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

HansMoleman wrote:
Wonderful photo.

Like 1 Like 1 Like 1

Thank you Hans.