Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

chimping with tablet
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2021 1:16 am    Post subject: chimping with tablet Reply with quote

I doubt this is the right place to ask this but I couldn't find a more suitable spot and I know this gets the most eyeballs. I recently lot my beloved t800 9 inch samsung galaxy tablet. I replaced it with the current version from samsung. Nearly everything works the same except for one very annoying thing. I can't plug a card reader into the USB-C port and us photomate r3 to scroll through and mark the photos I really like. It just won't let me scroll. It will scroll if I copy them to the internal storage but that is very time cnsuming and then I have to delete it soa as not to fill the limited space, also very time consuming. I had a devil of a time even getting the damn thing to even access the photos. I liked the ease of access I had before and I would take my tablet with on shoots and view samples to make adjustments. Any and all advice appreciated.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2021 4:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This isnt helping you any but I've had problems with my admittedly old Samsung tablet. It wouldn't even accept a card reader. And if i used a micro SD card and viewed the photos that way I couldn't scroll through them. Just like you. It seems that they all do that. And and after asking around I learned that you can only transfer files from the card to the tablet via a PC

I used to have a cheap tablet that had 2x USB A, 1x mini USB (in and out), SD card reader, HDMI out, mini HDMI out, something else, microphone, headphone and combined AV in/out that had full functionally on everything. I could use it as a 10" finder with my mirrorless camera or video camera.

I traded 'up' to a Samsung because I got it free and the old tablet had a resistive screen rather than a capacitance screen. The resistive were less responsive and it took several prods or swipes for it to work.

Everything has the one socket now. Why the lack of versatility?

PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2021 6:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Try the app Fx https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=nextapp.fx&hl=en_US&gl=US

PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2021 2:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks I'll definitely try it.