Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Wanted: Olympus OM 40mm f/2
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Tue Apr 27, 2021 8:46 pm    Post subject: Wanted: Olympus OM 40mm f/2 Reply with quote

Hello, everyone! I'm a digital photography student who enjoys shooting film in his free time. I love OM gear and I've wanted to own the Olympus 40mm f/2 as a user lens for a while now. It seems like my ideal lens - it's a little tighter than 35mm but still wider than 50mm, and has the same or better speed/performance as the 35mm f/2, all while being even more compact than the 35mm f/2.8 and 50mm f/1.8. It seems like it'd be perfect for inconspicuous nighttime street photography, or just about anything, really.

Problem is, I am having a devil of a time finding one at a price I can afford. The sums it's going for on eBay right now are ridiculous, but I've heard that it can still be had for sane amounts (under $/€500) in some shops and between individuals (but I might be completely wrong about that, so correct me if I am).

If you are looking to get rid of this lens and want it to go somewhere it will be put to good use as a daily carry rather than propping up somebody's ego from a dry cabinet, DM me. In the (very) unlikely event I don't like it, I'll pay it forward and sell it at cost so another younger photographer like me can try it out without breaking the bank.

Thanks in advance for any replies/offers! I hope you can get out and enjoy the summer as things start to open up again!

PostPosted: Wed Apr 28, 2021 5:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome, Filmbo.

It was just a couple weeks ago I learned about the OM 40mm f/2 for the first time. And I've been surprised to see the prices it sells for Exclamation
I hope you'll be able to find one at an agreeable sum, but in the meantime you might try stocking up on four leaf clovers! Wink

Also, for what it's worth...
According to the rules here, a member should make ten posts before submitting a Wanted ad.
http://forum.mflenses.com/marketplace-rules-t32548.html

I'm not a Moderator and I don't know how strict the Administrators are about that rule, but it wouldn't take you long to log 10 posts.
And the site would benefit from the additional activity. Smile

PostPosted: Fri Apr 30, 2021 8:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got one by watching OM camera sales on ebay. If the seller doesn't list the lens look closely at photos. It took several months of watching the OM camera sales every day scanning the "newly listed". If its ID'd in the tag i doubt you will be able to snag an auction for anything close to reasonable.