Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Repair Tamron SP 60-300mm f3.8-5.4 Adaptall 2
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2017 6:24 pm    Post subject: Repair Tamron SP 60-300mm f3.8-5.4 Adaptall 2 Reply with quote

Hi,

I would be happy with any repair manuals for any type of quite similar manual zoom lens from around the era of the 1970-80'ies. There must be something that resemble the inner build of the Tamron SP 60-300mm f3.8-5.4 Adaptall 2.

Any brand will do. I have not been able to find any repair manual for any lens. That sucks...

I am specifically looking for repair manual for my Tamron SP 60-300mm f3.8-5.4 Adaptall 2. Do any of you guys have good sources for this type of repair manuals?

The above site is many years gone...

I read about a site somebody called PAS... where PDF repair-manuals could be found a plenty. Please enlighten me

Thanks

Last edited by excaliburst on Thu Jan 26, 2017 8:18 am; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2017 9:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

60-300 is a complex lens which is probably a complete nightmare when it comes to repairing. At the same time it is really no that expensive. I view a replacement as a much more sensible option.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2017 12:00 pm    Post subject: Re: Sources for classic Tamron Adaptall 2 lens repair manual Reply with quote

excaliburst wrote:
Hi,

I am specifically looking for repair manual for my Tamron SP 60-300mm f3.8-5.4 Adaptall 2. Do any of you guys have good sources for this type of repair manuals?

I read about a site somebody called PAS... where PDF repair-manuals could be found a plenty. Please enlighten me

Thanks

I split the topic as it has NOTHING TO DO WITH CARL ZEISS JENA repair.

Too difficult to open up a new topic?

Just be considerate to us moderators, we are no secretaries and also no kindergarden personnel Twisted Evil

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2017 1:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gardener wrote:
60-300 is a complex lens which is probably a complete nightmare when it comes to repairing. At the same time it is really no that expensive. I view a replacement as a much more sensible option.

+1 for certain on the matter of complexity. You are SO right!

On the other, we have to allow that the OP might relish a challenge, and/or simply enjoy working on lenses. I have to tip my cap to anyone able to tear down AND successfully re-assemble this lens, something I probably could not personally accomplish.

Now if it were just a matter, for example, of replacing the rear (compound) element . . well . . that might be something I could do. Wink

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2017 6:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have repaired a 60-300 after an inner group of elements came loose and I have dismantled and re-lubed another. As zooms go, actually I don't see the 60-300 as being a particularly difficult lens to work on at all. Start by peeling the rubber focusing/zoom collar off and then continue from there. Take pics of the dismantling process with your digital camera so you'll know how to put it back together.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2017 7:55 am    Post subject: Re: Sources for classic Tamron Adaptall 2 lens repair manual Reply with quote

kds315* wrote:
excaliburst wrote:
Hi,

Thanks

I split the topic as it has NOTHING TO DO WITH CARL ZEISS JENA repair.

Too difficult to open up a new topic?

Just be considerate to us moderators, we are no secretaries and also no kindergarden personnel Twisted Evil

I am so sorry if this post has been misplaced, but I was under the impression that I put it in a site for Manual lenses (which mine is)/Equipment Care and Repairs.

So please hold it with the childish bullying and abuse. It certainly does not suit a moderator.

There is a 'path' tool, to verify where I am at - and I posted in Home/Equipment Care and Repairs. Which adequately places my postabout an adaptall2 lens where it belongs.

I have not found anywhere that this thread is Carl Zeiss ONLY. I am sorry if I offended you by creating content (life) on your site.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2021 9:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi, I've just fixed the aperture ring on this lens , only found 2 metal washers inside the mount rings , Wich they are 3 of them and don't know if there should be 3 washers or only 2 of them, and where do they go ? I havents seen em when I've opened the mount