Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

the evergreen Apo Telyt 180mm 1:3.4
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2021 4:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ultrapix wrote:
visualopsins wrote:
Adopting a 'tude is always risky...and always is revealing of character -- some folks think they are better than others. Better at some things, yes, that is always the case. However the 'tude is often a judgement. I'm constantly reminded of one of Emperor Ashoka's Rock Edicts which warns how poo-pooing another's religion denigrates one's own. Ashoka said it much more eloquently in the original Sanskrit -- Rock Edict Seven, iirc.

EDIT: Rock Edict Twelve https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Major_Rock_Edicts#Major_Rock_Edict_12
Quote:
... For whosoever praises his own sect or blames other sects, — all (this) out of pure devotion to his own sect, (i.e.) with the view of glorifying his own sect, — if he is acting thus, he rather injures his own sect very severely. ...

Noble thoughts Like 1 small

Noble thoughts indeed - reality is that usually those living in such places

are telling us that these two things are equal (talking about the buildings now, not about the photos!):

However, those living in such "buildings"

know very well that this is not true ...

S

PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2021 4:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stephan, there is certainly an intent in your lesson on good photography and now on social justice. It is not clear per se as it definitely sounds as an overinterpretation of the initial post and of the following remarks. I don't ask you about the intent itself. Could you please specify what kind of result you are expecting from such a hortative discussion here in the forum?

PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2021 5:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Reminded of the game "Twister" anybody? Where do you live, Steven, and aren't you poo-pooing the other places? What any of your posts have to with the OP I wonder? Okay, you're just having fun, but at others' expense? Joking around.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2021 7:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Last edited by Blazer0ne on Tue Feb 22, 2022 6:05 pm; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2021 7:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Blazer0ne wrote:
Whatever the argument was... When I first saw these two photos side by side I thought it was funny, like some type of satire. In fact, it brings out the color of the shed photo even more. They almost compliment each other. The two would make for an interesting cut scene in a Wes Anderson style movie.

Ah, thank you! I hadn't made that relation. Cleverly artistic imho! However creative, also was made fun of somebody's choice of purposeful subject, or not meant that way?

PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2021 10:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Probably the funniest thing is to exchange a farmer's tool shed for a house. Laugh 1

PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2021 12:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Back to the lens: some 100 % crops center / edge of the 2 pictures above:

Those pictures weren't took for test purpose, so the ISO setting was a tad higher than optimal (400 / 800)

PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2021 8:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is that the same hill behind the buildings?

PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2021 9:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

kansalliskala wrote:

Is that the same hill behind the buildings?

Roughly; It's the Subasio mount on both, but the background of the shed looks further south