Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Mystery Tamron.....
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sat Jan 23, 2021 11:06 pm    Post subject: Mystery Tamron..... Reply with quote

I like the old Tamrons, and this is advertised as "Tamron lens 55mm" no other information at all. Looking at the pictures it appears to f1.4 ?
Search as I might, I can't find anything like it, Tamron seemed to miss the 50/55 range out altogether, and I can't find a f1.4 either.

It's cheap, I'll probably go for it, but I'd really like to know some more about it.

or...is it this and the 55mm is the filter thread?

Question Question Question

PostPosted: Sat Jan 23, 2021 11:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It seems Tamron's adapter always has the 1.4. If not all, at least some of them have it. I had very similar situation like yours, when I saw the 1.4. But when I got the lens, it is something else. I guess Tamron just reserved the 1.4 for their lenses, but never had one.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 23, 2021 11:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, I think you are right.
It is probably a 135/2.8 with a 55mm filter.
The adapters often came marked from f1.4, but I have never seen an adaptall lens that has that widest aperture
Tom

PostPosted: Sat Jan 23, 2021 11:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Definately a ct135 Dave, and probably a Pentax mount attached...

https://www.pentaxforums.com/userreviews/tamron-adaptall-135mm-f-2-8-ct-135.html

See the 1.4 in the pic top right.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 23, 2021 11:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The mystery is solved...

I'm either going stir crazy in lockdown, or I've had too much wine? Probably both... Rolling Eyes

It is the 135 / 2.8. Exactly like the one sat on the shelf right in front of me. Embarassed

straight up, that's just above my monitor..... Rolling Eyes

PostPosted: Sun Jan 24, 2021 12:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lloydy wrote:
The mystery is solved...

I'm either going stir crazy in lockdown, or I've had too much wine? Probably both... Rolling Eyes

It is the 135 / 2.8. Exactly like the one sat on the shelf right in front of me. Embarassed

straight up, that's just above my monitor..... Rolling Eyes

Laugh 1 Laugh 1 Laugh 1

PostPosted: Sun Jan 24, 2021 12:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, the other clues were minimum distance 1.5 meters, and distance scale jumps from 30m to infinity...just like other 135s...this is older sister of 2.5/135, yes?

PostPosted: Sun Jan 24, 2021 10:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is a nice 135mm. A step up from the Adapt-a-matic predecessor

PostPosted: Tue Mar 16, 2021 2:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello, you habe to distinguish between the aperture of the lens and the aperture printed on the adaptall adapter. The adapter covers the whole range from 32 to 1.4, it is suitable for most common apertures.