Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

DIY wide angle finders
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sun Jan 17, 2021 7:41 pm    Post subject: DIY wide angle finders Reply with quote

Hi, I've made a few finders for my Leica 28mm and 35mm from old disposable camera viewfinders. But I have 24mm, 20mm and 17mm lenses I'd like to use. Using them is no problem and focus is hardly an issue. But when I use them its pure guesswork what's in the frame.

I've looked online for finders, the 20mm Russar finder is about £150 and anything else is well into the £300 plus bracket.

Does anyone here have plans or can they show me how to make ultrawide finders?. I'm pretty handy and once I know what I need I'm sure I'll be able to do it. No 3d printing if possible.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 17, 2021 8:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The obvious technique using readily available tools always with you... http://www.hollywoodlexicon.com/frame.html

Then there's the calibrated Director's Viewfinder, check ebay

A diy director's viewfinder can be made with one of those adapters that turn a lens into a monocular, plus a cheap zoom lens.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 24, 2021 3:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I made a 20mm finder from a door viewer masked off, it works but its a bit poky. Checking out the link.