Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Bokina awesomeness
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2021 1:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

caspert79 wrote:
I think it can be explained by A. shadow vs direct light (in fact light, although diffuse, is coming from behind the subject in picture 1) + B. Probably most important, a difference in exposure between the two pictures. C. There is about 1 hour difference between the two pictures. So, changing weather circumstances could also play a role.
I wouldn’t underestimate the influence of light; it can change the whole picture. I don’t see the color cast you’re talking about.

Having plucked up the courage, I edited your picture. As I believe the weather was not sunny. I removed the red , lightened the image slightly, and added a little contrast to my taste. I assume your eye saw the picture exactly like this. The color of the boy's hair and especially the color of his gray eyes became close.
The road surface at the bottom of the image turned gray.

Last edited by LLB! on Tue Jan 12, 2021 6:39 pm; edited 2 times in total

PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2021 1:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LLB! wrote:
caspert79 wrote:
I think it can be explained by A. shadow vs direct light (in fact light, although diffuse, is coming from behind the subject in picture 1) + B. Probably most important, a difference in exposure between the two pictures. C. There is about 1 hour difference between the two pictures. So, changing weather circumstances could also play a role.
I wouldn’t underestimate the influence of light; it can change the whole picture. I don’t see the color cast you’re talking about.

Having plucked up the courage, I edited your picture. As I believe the weather was not sunny. I removed the red , lightened the image slightly, and added a little contrast to my taste. I assume your eye saw the picture exactly like this. The color of the boy's hair and especially the color of his gray eyes became close.

To me the picture looks greenish now. But I’m judging this on my ipad. I will check later on my monitor.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2021 1:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

caspert79 wrote:
LLB! wrote:
caspert79 wrote:

To me the picture looks greenish now. But I’m judging this on my ipad. I will check later on my monitor.

+1.

It's nice, but too greenish if it was the correction.

The skin tones are unnatural to me.

But both pics represent a child, with all the emotional content of that, be more reddish or more greenish.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2021 2:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

caspert79 wrote:
LLB! wrote:
caspert79 wrote:

I agree. You can still work in this snapshot. Made hastily to remove the red tint of the road and not damage the face and hair. The work is not completed and you can continue.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2021 3:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I did a more subtle job. The first image is the original, the second is its correction. Six units of red on the PaintShop Pro scale were removed.
The kid's face didn't improve.

Last edited by LLB! on Tue Jan 12, 2021 6:59 pm; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2021 3:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LLB! wrote:
I did a more subtle job. The first image is the original, the second is its correction. Six units of red on the PaintShop Pro scale were removed.

The sky looks unnaturally greenish in the second picture IMO.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2021 4:23 pm    Post subject: Re: Bokina awesomeness Reply with quote

sergtum wrote:
caspert79 wrote:

Sorry, my son couldn't put a normal face :-p

this is a normal boy's face, absolutely.

Like 1 Like 1 Like 1

Like 1 Like 1 Yes, boys will be boys! Lens has captured spirit well!!!

PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2021 4:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

Last edited by LLB! on Tue Jan 12, 2021 6:54 pm; edited 2 times in total

PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2021 4:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LLB! wrote:
caspert79 wrote:
LLB! wrote:

The sky looks unnaturally greenish in the second picture IMO.

But I also never observed pink asphalt like on your original. The sky is so ugly, pinkish is more pleasant. Apparently something should be sacrificed. And what to do about it. I ask you to pay attention to the following: http://forum.mflenses.com/the-color-accuracy-of-all-digital-cameras-today-is-a-chimera-t81930.html
I've been busy with this problem for a long time.

Well, actually this is no asphalt. It is a pedestrians area, paved with stones like this sidewalk:

As you can see they are not grey, but they have a red tone in them. I honestly don't understand you come in so aggressively with your critics, without being able to really prove your point.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2021 5:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You presented two pictures. The boy is in the same position, the weather is the same. One picture with an excess of reddish, the other not. I expressed my opinion about the discrepancy in the red channel of the image. What's wrong here. I see different color pictures. The column behind the boy is it pink too ? I hope for an honest answer. Then probably it is necessary to remove me to the posts otherwise ugly offtopic. Please also express your consent to the deletion.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2021 6:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LLB! wrote:
You presented two pictures. The boy is in the same position, the weather is the same. One picture with an excess of reddish, the other not. I expressed my opinion about the discrepancy in the red channel of the image. What's wrong here. I see different color pictures. The column behind the boy is it pink too ? I hope for an honest answer. Then probably it is necessary to remove me to the posts otherwise ugly offtopic. Please also express your consent to the deletion.

I think it is merely the arrogant tone, not so much the content of what you’re saying. Please watch your first post. You act like somekind of color police telling what others do wrong, failing to make a proper color correction yourself. And assuming things like they are the absolute truth. Like asphalt, which in reality isn’t asphalt. Or a pink column, which in reality is a not a column but a playset. And that’s the last thing I say about it, because you’re wasting my time.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2021 7:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for your kindly reply !

PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2021 7:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the information about the Tokina vs Elmarit. It was mostly an idle thought on my part, but I'm glad I'm not the only one who's considered it.

From the standpoint of someone thinking about buying a 90mm portrait lens (I don't know whether or not that's me, but someone) these two are competitors because they have similar specs and a roughly similar price range.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2021 7:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

KEO wrote:
Thanks for the information about the Tokina vs Elmarit. It was mostly an idle thought on my part, but I'm glad I'm not the only one who's considered it.

From the standpoint of someone thinking about buying a 90mm portrait lens (I don't know whether or not that's me, but someone) these two are competitors because they have similar specs and a roughly similar price range.

The whole discussion made me very curious about the Elmarit. Definitely a lens to put on my wish list.

I think the Tokina 90mm is quite an exceptional lens. It offers the versatility of being a portrait- landscape and macro lens. Bokeh is fantastic, and the lens shines already from wide open. It’s significantly better than the Tamron SP 90/2.5 IMO, but off course the price category is higher.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2021 10:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's a great shot of your boy. Congrats Like 1 .

PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2021 2:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sciolist wrote:
That's a great shot of your boy. Congrats Like 1 .

+1

I like some green tint in portrait shots. Bu the way, it's a widespread artistic move in painting of XIX and XX century to add green to skin tones. For a native view it looks unnatural but it adds a full touch of mood.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2021 5:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

papasito wrote:
LLB! wrote:
Please excuse me but I can clearly see a slight excess of red in the first picture of casper79 and it is not in the next picture. But all papasito pictures are distinguished by an enlarged red hue. A perfectly simple question for you guys - do you generally like color accuracy or do you think it will do? I think each of your photos deserves more attention.

I don't make any post production change, never.

It's is so boring to me.

And watch if the pic is reddish or greenes or xxxish? Don't matter to me.

I post them like are exported from the camera. With my 4 notebooks I see them different in each one.

In Casper79's pics I can see the potential of the lens. No more is needed for me.

The colour of the hair is different in any pic, and? What is the importance of that?

The things don't have a colour by themselves, it's only the quality of the light who give the colours of them.

So the casts, colours diferences, etc, don't be important when we watch for resolution power and acutance of the lenses.

The rest are only wedding photos questions

Of course you are entitled to your own opinion and taste, we are still (kind of...) a free society.

That said, I regard such a stance as at least... very narrow, unopen and limited. To be frank, I roll my eyes about such people, sorry.