Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Telemegor 400mm not the EXA mount thought
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2021 7:25 pm    Post subject: Telemegor 400mm not the EXA mount thought Reply with quote

Hi all,

I got this lens not long ago, I thought it was an EXA mount but the adapter did not work. Does anyone have an idea of which bayonet is this?

Thanks for your help

PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2021 7:32 pm    Post subject: Re: Telemegor 400mm not the EXA mount thought Reply with quote

domingo90 wrote:
Hi all,

I got this lens not long ago, I thought it was an EXA mount but the adapter did not work. Does anyone have an idea of which bayonet is this?

Thanks for your help

Yr pic will show now

PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2021 7:33 pm    Post subject: Re: Telemegor 400mm not the EXA mount thought Reply with quote

domingo90 wrote:
Hi all,

Thanks for your help

Beats me. Never seen it before. Maybe some unique adaption

PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2021 7:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I thought to adapt it to M42 to use it on my Pentax K-70 I will take the time to think about my options.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2021 8:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Praktina?

Just a punt on first look.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2021 11:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks to me like an Exakta mount-but the external one.Ihafee's later camera's have next to an internal also an external bayonet. it is not easy to find an Exakta to anything adapter that uses this external bayonet. The market is too small?
Good luck and if you do find such an adapter please tell.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2021 2:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Evert wrote:
Looks to me like an Exakta mount-but the external one.Ihafee's later camera's have next to an internal also an external bayonet. it is not easy to find an Exakta to anything adapter that uses this external bayonet. The market is too small?

I am trying to modify a pentacon to Pentax adapter, I am trying to create the space between the adapter and the ring, once you remove the ring you can swap the adapter. There are some m42 versions on ebay of that rear cone but it will be really nice if I get the P6 to PK running.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2021 7:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That is definitely the external Exakta mount. I had a Primotar 180mm f3.5 with that mount and finally gave up finding an adapter. What I finally did was to buy an M39 to M42 adapter ring, which fits over the mount (after grinding off the tabs). It has three set screws, but they are not strong enough to hold the ring on, so there are two alternatives. First is to drill into the lens mount itself so that the set screws actually can screw into the lens mount to hold it, and/or epoxy the ring on. Doing both is most secure. This, however, will not focus to infinity using a standard M42 adapter, so what I did was to buy a 17-31mm M42 helicoid, which allows infinity focus, and additionally adds a bit more to the close focusing distance, although with a 400mm lens that is minimal.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2021 6:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Evert wrote:

There is an Italian machinist who makes all sorts of lens mounts his name is Andriano Lolli https://www.adrianololli.com/index.asp he has the mount from the telemegor 400 to pentax. I will contact him.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2021 11:33 am    Post subject: Überwurfring Reply with quote

The longer Meyer lenses used to have an überwurfring; a fastening ring connecting the interchangable mount.

Try to unscrew this a few cm up from the exakta mount and you will find another thread that can form the basis for adaptation. The original Meyer M42 etc mounts exist, and will be hard to find, but a machine shop will be able to make suitable threads- However, since the lens is a 2 kilo monster you will need a solid connection piece unless your camera is very light.

p