Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

(infinity focus) Tomioka 60mm macro + M42>EF K&F
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Thu Dec 31, 2020 3:05 pm    Post subject: (infinity focus) Tomioka 60mm macro + M42>EF K&F Reply with quote

The problem is, I can't focus to infinity. Want to use it for general purpose also (can do 2/1.5m portraits, but not far from it). It's the favorite lens I currently own.

Anyone with the same lens + adapter combo? Or with experience to help identify the problem?

I think the helicoid is in the correct position, as I've seen another lens in person; and that the lens need to be screwed more inside the adapter/camera (almost 180 degrees, if we see the lens engravings position in reference pictures on a Lumix). Using a 5D I, so keep in mind mirror crashing issues. Maybe my adapter it too thick?

Thinking of sanding off the adapter thread on the sensor end. Although the adapter never gave me issues with another M42 lenses. Also accepting other adapters suggestions that fix this problem.

Pictures:

PostPosted: Thu Dec 31, 2020 4:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome raulmrodrigues!

Yes same symptom as too-thick adapter. However adapter working with other lenses proves adapter is not too thick. Thus problem is with lens. Is there a gap between adapter and lens? Maybe something blocking lens from fully screwing onto adapter? If no, then maybe lens focus has been de-adjusted.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 02, 2021 5:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

raulmrodrigues wrote:
The problem is, I can't focus to infinity. . .

visualopsins said it better than I would've.

My M42 to EF adapter is an all black, no name. It was probably simply the least expensive one I could find on ebay. I've never had any problems with it.
For what it's worth, my Yashinon 60mm appears to rotate farther on my adapter than yours does, raulmrodrigues.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2021 5:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks 55 and visualopsins for taking your time to reply!

Sorry for images being too large.

I've ordered three adapters from Ebay/Ali, one of them must work! Neutral

If anyone can recommend a exact model that allow infinity focus with this lens, I would really apreciate.

Hugs from Brazil.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 04, 2021 3:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Solved it!

Another adapter worked. The cheaper one on Ebay haha

PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2021 8:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good news! Like 1 small