Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Takumar 15/3.5 vs. Samyang 14/2.8
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sun Nov 29, 2020 8:59 pm    Post subject: Takumar 15/3.5 vs. Samyang 14/2.8 Reply with quote

The Takumar can compete at infinity, but (even if it is hard to say that) tha Samyang is better in proxi, and smoother bokeh, which I prefer for a UWA lens.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 29, 2020 9:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like the Tak contrast and color. The Samyang is warmer. The Samyang is faster. I do not envy your decision especially since the Tak sells for nearly twice as much! (No, I'd definitely keep the Tak because it fits with my other kit Smile )

PostPosted: Sun Nov 29, 2020 9:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is clearly a hard choice for me. The Takumar took me hours and hours of research to get it at the price I paid, but I always have a doubt to use it outdoors, because I could lose it, or simply destroy it by letting it fall to the ground. Without money speaking, the Samyang can be easily replace while the Takumar not, but it has a better construction than the plastic Samyang and is compatible with my Spotmatics. If I go to sell the 15/3.5, I can also have the same choice for 17/4 and 18/11 that can be replaced by modern lenses like the Samyang 8/3.5 (cropped to simulate the 17/4), and same choice for 135mm lenses than can be replaced by the Samyang 135/2.