Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Extensive 35mm comparison (7 lenses)
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sat Nov 28, 2020 9:29 pm    Post subject: Extensive 35mm comparison (7 lenses) Reply with quote

Landscape at infinity (with crops 100% centre and corner) and a proxi with crop 50% :

(PO stands for max aperture)

Samyang is impressive and could be better (I am not sur of the focus for landscape picture)
The little old 1958 Takumar 35/4 is not that bad !

PostPosted: Sat Nov 28, 2020 9:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you for a very speaking comparison!

I wonder why apple shots at f8 look mostly overexposed. In my practice going f5.6 or f8 gives usually the opposite effect, with images more contrasty than at WO.

I agree with your fascination in face of Samyang: really good. Takumar 3.5/35 rules throught the field from WO.

And some yellower shots at larger apertures are deeply yellow! That's curious too.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 28, 2020 11:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for comparing!

Too bad 6D mirror hits Tak 35/2 V1 at infinity?

PostPosted: Sun Nov 29, 2020 12:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for posting!

PostPosted: Sun Nov 29, 2020 8:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

alex ph wrote:
Thank you for a very speaking comparison!

I wonder why apple shots at f8 look mostly overexposed. In my practice going f5.6 or f8 gives usually the opposite effect, with images more contrasty than at WO.

I agree with your fascination in face of Samyang: really good. Takumar 3.5/35 rules throught the field from WO.

And some yellower shots at larger apertures are deeply yellow! That's curious too.

I do not know exactly why exposure is not consistent (I let the 6D manage its own exposure to spare the time of adjusting myself the speed), but my guess is that vignetting of the lenses is at least one of the reasons. This may also explain the light yellowish pictures at full aperture, except for the 35/2 V2 which is largely yellow due to its thorium glass.

visualopsins wrote:
Thanks for comparing!

Too bad 6D mirror hits Tak 35/2 V1 at infinity?

I do not remember. I would say that this is not my problem, as I will sell it. I will only keep the Samyang and Flektogon, which is a good compromise among all characterics (volume, speed, sharpness, proxi capability).
The 35/4 hits for sure, but only at miror return, so you just have to focus closer to release the miror.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 29, 2020 5:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Use manual mode for consistent exposure...

Just wondering why no 35/2 V2 infinity example to compare.

Yes, mirror hits the Taks that it hits on return, except the 24mm which causes ERR.

I've never been pleased with 35/2 V2 performance (two copies); my 35/2 V1 is magical...I've always liked Flek, haven't tried it (yet).

PostPosted: Sun Nov 29, 2020 9:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

visualopsins wrote:
Use manual mode for consistent exposure...

Yes, I was thrusting the exposure control of the 6D, and also this was a cheap solution to spare time (all shots within 5 sec, no need to remember what was the speed or even calculate it for half stops)

visualopsins wrote:

You may not se the same picture as me Very Happy

PostPosted: Sun Nov 29, 2020 9:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CarbonR wrote:
visualopsins wrote:

Embarassed I meant V1. This one (where is Tak 2/35 V1?):

CarbonR wrote:
Landscape at infinity (with crops 100% centre and corner) and a proxi with crop 50% :

PostPosted: Mon Nov 30, 2020 8:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

visualopsins wrote:
CarbonR wrote:
visualopsins wrote:

CarbonR wrote:

Just between Samyang and S-M-C Tak 35/2. When was the last time you saw an ophtalmologist ? Laugh 1

PostPosted: Mon Nov 30, 2020 9:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CarbonR wrote:
visualopsins wrote:
CarbonR wrote:
visualopsins wrote:

CarbonR wrote:

Just between Samyang and S-M-C Tak 35/2. When was the last time you saw an ophtalmologist ? Laugh 1

Laugh 1 You mean the Stak lens? LOL I thought Stak was name of manufacturer...