Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Have a look at a fine 135 lens. MDIII 135 3,5
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2020 1:44 pm    Post subject: Have a look at a fine 135 lens. MDIII 135 3,5 Reply with quote

Everybody's looking for nice sharp economic wide angles. Difficult to find. The 135mm focal length? Plenty of them. All good.

But like in animals' farm some are more equal than others.

Here is Minolta MDIII 135 3,5. As good as MDII 135 3,5. As good as FD 135 3,5. As good as Zeiss, as good as Jupiter 37A et al.

But wait! But weight... So tiny, so light. As inconspicuous as a fifty.

However not a true 135. 125 or 130mm maybe.

[img][/url]Bientôt à table | Dinner is ready by lumens pixel, sur Flickr[/img]

Last edited by lumens pixel on Wed Nov 25, 2020 1:50 pm; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2020 1:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Like 1 Like 1 Like 1

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2020 2:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Really is a good light lens. Ideal for trips.
I used it in the film days. Perhaps I noted something of CA. But I can remember wrong.
Sharp? yes. Light? yes. Nice? very.
I want to try it again, but with digital cam

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2020 3:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No much CA; I would say less than the 4 4 computation.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2020 4:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, indeed, it's a very good lens. The only thing I don't like is its tendency to develop fungus between two elements that are sealed in plastic and thus impossible to clean. So I'd rather use the Canon FD or Olympus OM Zuiko 135 mm f/3.5 lenses, much easier to service Twisted Evil

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2020 5:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

True. I had to return a faulty copy. I am storing my lenses on glass shelf without caps so I hope fungus will not visit me.

Adding a few words. I have disregarded this lens for a while. Tested it against another 135mm and the left side of the image looked very slightly blurred compared to the right.

I had the same feeling with some other lenses, amongst them a 28 2,8 Minolta and, out of clue, checked the adapter by using another one, same issue, and checked the mount on the body of my A7II. I had to screw-in less than a quarter turn one of the four screws. This made the difference on the 28 so I decided today to check this 135.

No more difference between left and right. Lens was perfect. I still do not understand why the problem was much more apparent with some lenses rather than with others but these are the facts and no, the other lenses do not suffer from a symmetrical defect, I have checked.

So my Minolta 28 2,8 and this 135 3,5 will be my future reference to assess any out of alignment issues on the A7II.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 26, 2020 12:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's a great lens, really good.

And so is your picture. Like 1 small

PostPosted: Thu Nov 26, 2020 2:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lloydy wrote:
It's a great lens, really good.

And so is your picture. Like 1 small

Thank you Lloydy.

A different style :

[img][/url]Feuilles sur le banc | Leaves on the bench by lumens pixel, sur Flickr[/img]

PostPosted: Sat Nov 28, 2020 12:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Watch it! That image will cut you! Wink Like 1