Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Is this Sonnar genuine?
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2020 11:33 am    Post subject: Is this Sonnar genuine? Reply with quote

I'm close to buying a Zeiss Sonnar 1.5. Is there a way to verify if it's real or a Jupiter lens with the front ring of a Sonnar?

PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2020 11:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks legit.
Jupiters have slightly different barrel design, totaly different aperture numbers font and different aperture blade shape.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2020 12:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not an expert on Carl Zeiss Jena / Oberkochen (=Opton) glass, but I have two Opton-Sonnars that look the same (engravings, aperture mechanism). Be aware that the Zeiss Opton (=early Oberkochen) lenses have slightly different engravings (e. g. the number 4), compared to those made in Jena.

S

PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2020 1:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks exactly identical to my Opton Sonnar. Congrats

PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2020 4:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you for your answers! I feel more sure about this purchase. I look forward to use this lens.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2020 6:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nice choice