Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Thoughts on Canon FD 28-55 vs Olympus OM 28-48?
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Mon Nov 09, 2020 4:26 pm    Post subject: Thoughts on Canon FD 28-55 vs Olympus OM 28-48? Reply with quote

Hi All,

I own both the Canon FD 28-55 and the Olympus OM 28-48. If I want a small walk around lens I usually use the Olympus because it feels better in the hand and its usability. But in terms of optical quality I haven't found any glaring differences between the two. Haven't looked into distortion.

Just wondering if anyone has any thoughts on these.

Regards, Christine

PostPosted: Mon Nov 09, 2020 4:36 pm    Post subject: Re: Thoughts on Canon FD 28-55 vs Olympus OM 28-48? Reply with quote

connloyalist wrote:
Hi All,

I own both the Canon FD 28-55 and the Olympus OM 28-48. If I want a small walk around lens I usually use the Olympus because it feels better in the hand and its usability. But in terms of optical quality I haven't found any glaring differences between the two. Haven't looked into distortion.

Just wondering if anyone has any thoughts on these.

Regards, Christine

Hello, both should be good lenses with fine IQ. I've got the OM 28-48 and I like it a lot since it's not only very sharp but nicely made and apparently of very solid build. The Canon FD, on the other hand, is part of a later (1985) small series of budget lenses with very flimsy construction including mostly plastic parts. I had the very similar 35-70 mm f/3,5-4,5 and even though optics were quite good, I just couldn't get along with the handling and build quality. So I sold it quickly.

Greetings

Volker