Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Soligor 135mm f3.5
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Mon Nov 09, 2020 8:00 am    Post subject: Soligor 135mm f3.5 Reply with quote

I have been experimenting with an old lens that I picked up for $5 or $10 a few years back in a parts bin outside a camera store and have never much bothered with till last weekend when I gave it a run. The lens has a serial number 16722** which as I read it suggests it was made by Tokina for Soligor in 1967. It has an M42 mount. It is a "chrome eared" version.
To me the lens has a typical Sonnar quality to it and needless to say it seems capable of producing some really very nice images. (Especially at that price!).

I would be interested in knowing if others have tried this lens and what experience they have of it. A couple of images follow.

This first one is almost straight from the camera - a little sharpening and not much more. I like the OOF appearance.

This one has had a little more done to it because I planned to put it up on Flickr where most of my images have a bit more artistic rendering and post processing - apart from sharpening etc. I have done some overall tonal adjustment, contrast improvement and color lifting. Again some very nice OOF rendering (further away so much softer this time).

Strings in the Street by Life in Shadows, on Flickr

PostPosted: Mon Nov 09, 2020 8:13 am    Post subject: Re: Soligor 135mm f3.5 Reply with quote

yoyomaoz wrote:
I have been experimenting with an old lens that I picked up for $5 or $10 a few years back in a parts bin outside a camera store and have never much bothered with till last weekend when I gave it a run. The lens has a serial number 16722** which as I read it suggests it was made by Tokina for Soligor in 1967. It has an M42 mount. It is a "chrome eared" version.
To me the lens has a typical Sonnar quality to it and needless to say it seems capable of producing some really very nice images. (Especially at that price!).

I would be interested in knowing if others have tried this lens and what experience they have of it. A couple of images follow.

This first one is almost straight from the camera - a little sharpening and not much more. I like the OOF appearance.

This one has had a little more done to it because I planned to put it up on Flickr where most of my images have a bit more artistic rendering and post processing - apart from sharpening etc. I have done some overall tonal adjustment, contrast improvement and color lifting. Again some very nice OOF rendering (further away so much softer this time).

Strings in the Street by Life in Shadows, on Flickr

Quite beautiful Peter
T