Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Jupiter 9 85/2.0 MC M42
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sat Feb 17, 2024 10:42 pm    Post subject: Jupiter 9 85/2.0 MC M42 Reply with quote

Sony a7s f/2.0 1/40 s; ISO 1250

PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2024 10:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Like 1

You have a pic of the lens ?

PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2024 10:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice pic. My copy is M39 and is not sharp before f4.0. For some portraits it does not matter. Bokeh is nice.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2024 7:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Phalbert wrote:

Yes, I do:

Accordingly to the serial number it had been produced at the year 1992. Which means, that the USSR had already passed away, and the new economical realities pressed the optical factories to rise the quality control of the lenses considerably.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2024 8:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lumens pixel wrote:
My copy is M39 and is not sharp before f4.0

Sometimes it helps considerably to loosen the ring, which holds the front lens. The front lens is very huge, but thin. And when it is pressed in the mounting by the holding ring too hard, it is mechanically distorted, which has the bad influence on the image quality.

So, you have very carefully to slacken the ring, and then to fasten the lens by is again, but very gently! Only till you would olready feel, that it really holds it in the frame, but no pressing any further.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2024 4:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="LittleAlex"]
Phalbert wrote:

Yes, I do:

Thanks for the pic.
So, what's your verdict?
At least One other forum seems to mean that it sharpens up "only" from f4. Your pic shows obvious other qualities.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2024 7:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LittleAlex wrote:
lumens pixel wrote:
My copy is M39 and is not sharp before f4.0

Sometimes it helps considerably to loosen the ring, which holds the front lens. The front lens is very huge, but thin. And when it is pressed in the mounting by the holding ring too hard, it is mechanically distorted, which has the bad influence on the image quality.

So, you have very carefully to slacken the ring, and then to fasten the lens by is again, but very gently! Only till you would olready feel, that it really holds it in the frame, but no pressing any further.

Thanks for the information. My version is an alu one which is beautiful but with a feeling of flimsiness due to a perceived lack of thickness of the material. Caution is needed for sure.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2024 7:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

black jupiter 9 wide open
sharpness and bokeh