Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Canon FDn 2,8 28mm
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2020 10:39 pm    Post subject: Canon FDn 2,8 28mm Reply with quote

Few seem interested in this lens. Too cheap. Nothing sexy or to rave about in the appearance. Typical unremarkable FD manufacturing.

BUT... It outresolves an A7II sensor easily, and it is quite light as a walkabout lens.

[/img]

Excellent combination of sharpness and bokeh. The lens is very well corrected for short distances. The field is quite flat.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 04, 2020 1:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I recall, in long distance it's not that good, maybe I'm wrong...

PostPosted: Wed Nov 04, 2020 2:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

kiddo wrote:

Just very important for landscape use.

One of the tipical wide angle lenses jobs

PostPosted: Wed Nov 04, 2020 3:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kiddo wrote:

Mine seems fine in this respect but I might need to test it more.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 04, 2020 3:18 pm    Post subject: Re: Canon FDn 2,8 28mm Reply with quote

lumens pixel wrote:
Few seem interested in this lens. Too cheap. Nothing sexy or to rave about in the appearance. Typical unremarkable FD manufacturing.

BUT... It outresolves an A7II sensor easily, and it is quite light as a walkabout lens.

I fully agree and even with the 7R (36 megapixels), IQ is much better than expected, especially taking into account the "democratic" price of the lens. BTW, the breech-lock SC version is mechanically much nicer but slightly bigger and heavier with equivalent optical performances. Even though it only has a single coating (SC), the performance against the light is nearly as good as the multicoated nFD version.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 04, 2020 3:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kiddo wrote:

Most probably your lens had a problem. Mine maintains IQ non regarding the distance....

Best regards

Volker

PostPosted: Wed Nov 04, 2020 7:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe I'll buy one and test it against the SMC Pentax K 28/3.5.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 04, 2020 11:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice idea. Do not hesitate to add to your test the Minolta md 28 3,5 that is equally cheap if you have one.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 05, 2020 5:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

lumens pixel wrote:
Nice idea. Do not hesitate to add to your test the Minolta md 28 3,5 that is equally cheap if you have one.

I have only the 35/2.8.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 05, 2020 12:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have one but haven't used it years. It's time to take it out again!