Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Lens price jumping up?
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Wed Nov 04, 2020 12:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Judging by the prices in the forums from way back, some lenses are indeed pricier.

I guess the hype for vintage optics is higher, there's a higher demand, so the prices have risen Smile

I myself also started collecting stuff last year, maybe the Sony A7II did this, when I had my Canon crops, I had almost zero interest in MF or vintage lenses.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 04, 2020 5:00 pm    Post subject: Re: Lens price jumping up? Reply with quote

Hellmark wrote:
Hey, is it just more or does it seem like lens prices are going up in general. Like, I've been looking at getting something in the Helios 44 family, and they've been going a bit nutty. So many reviews have talked about getting them for $10 to $20, yet lately I've seen them go for as much as $105 (actually being bid upto, and selling at, not just people asking that much). I am cool paying more, but not quite that much more (I've been trying to keep my lens purchases under $50 a piece while I am still learning).

Is it just me, or anyone else noticing this? Not just on the Helios either, but encountered it when trying to get some nFDs, my Industar 50-2, etc.

Price on those online reviews is outdated, I feel. For $10-20, probably it is even hard to get a very common Vivitar 135/2.8 by Komine (a very good lens actually).

Russian and German lenses tend to have higher price than Japanese lenses in the US due to availability.