Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Stuck aperture blades on CJ Jena 50mm f2.8
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Fri Oct 30, 2020 11:32 am    Post subject: Stuck aperture blades on CJ Jena 50mm f2.8 Reply with quote

Hi,this is my 1st time here, I've bought a cj jena 50mm and it has stuck aperture blades,can anyone help or link me to a guide on how to make it work again? Thanks in advance!

PostPosted: Sat Oct 31, 2020 1:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n5GMEHeDwn8

And many more guides for this lens on youtube! Search for Jena Tessar 50 2.8. There are different versions of this lens, the one in the above video is for the zebra version. I am not sure if the later full black versions are built differently, but again, plenty of links for this lens, look at a few videos and then work on yours.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 01, 2020 10:14 pm    Post subject: Re: Stuck aperture blades on CJ Jena 50mm f2.8 Reply with quote

qGeE wrote:
Hi,this is my 1st time here, I've bought a cj jena 50mm and it has stuck aperture blades,can anyone help or link me to a guide on how to make it work again? Thanks in advance!

I managed to clean the blades on my Pancolar 50 by simply unscrewing the rear lens group, which gives access to the blades, and cleaning them with cotton wool buds (Q-Tips) and plenty of lighter fuel. You have to wait for the lighter fuel to dry properly before the blades work as they should, so don't refit the rear lens group until you're happy. Good luck!