Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Leica R4 Disassembly / Top Plate Removal
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2020 3:36 pm    Post subject: Leica R4 Disassembly / Top Plate Removal Reply with quote

I have a Leica R4 with a sticky shutter. After some time with google, I know that the fix is to open it up and clean the shutter damper magnets. These are supposed to be right behind the dof lever. I know what to do, but not how to access the part!

The equivalent minolta camera for this is the xd series, typically xd7. That's easy to open, the film advance lever and shutter button and dials all are easily opened a up with the right tools. But on the Leica, the top has nothing that suggests any part can be removed. I'm almost certain that the top plate has to come off with all the mechanical bits connected. But removing whatever visible screws I can find does not release the top plate.

Anybody with experience with this body or any other Leica R body?