Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Tamron 54B 1:5.6 300 mm SP in an early fall afternoon
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2020 5:04 pm    Post subject: Tamron 54B 1:5.6 300 mm SP in an early fall afternoon Reply with quote

Yesterday in a second-hand store I bought for a few coins a lens I owned when I was a boy, and the lens in question had just come out on the market: the Tamron 54B 1:5.6 300 mm SP.
At that time I used it on Nikon and I had a good memory of it, today I tried it on Canon EOR R and the good impression, 40 years later, is quite confirmed. Nothing exceptional with today's parameters, but a very good performance at that time, little chromatic aberration, not excellent but very uniform sharpness, small distance, good flare resistance, and great handling.

The first shot at f:11, all the others at maximum aperture. Minimum adjustment in post production, brightness and contrast, and very light sharpening; be sure to click twice for best vision

PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2020 7:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks good. I probably don't need it because I already have the 23A (60-300mm 1:3.8-5.4) Tamron made some good stuff in the eighties.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2020 9:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

D1N0 wrote:
Looks good. I probably don't need it because I already have the 23A (60-300mm 1:3.8-5.4) Tamron made some good stuff in the eighties.

You don't need for sure, BTW this one is pretty small and lightweight

PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2020 8:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Like 1

PostPosted: Tue Oct 20, 2020 1:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lovely lens, I have one as well. The close focusing is a major feature, and it stays sharp there.