Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Minolta MC PG 135/2,8
View previous topic :: View next topic  


PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2020 1:43 pm    Post subject: Minolta MC PG 135/2,8 Reply with quote

IN MAssimo Scotti page, in Artaphot and in eazypix, among others, this lens is decripted like a 7 elements lens.

As it was remplaced by the 6/5 scheme, and after by the 4/4 and then by the 5/5 lenses, I'm curious about the rendering of the 7 elements MC PG lens.

My curiosity was aroused because I found that with the 6/5 formula the CA is much lower than with the 4/4 and 5/5 newer lenses.

I know the newest the best, but if anyone had any experience with the MC PG 135/2,8 it would be interesting to read it.

Thanks in advance



#1


PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2020 2:43 pm    Post subject: Re: Minolta MC PG 135/2,8 Reply with quote

papasito wrote:
IN MAssimo Scotti page, in Artaphot and in eazypix, among others, this lens is decripted like a 7 elements lens.



The lens section abobe, probably from the Masimo Scotti page, is NOT from the Minolta Tele-Rokkor PG 2.8/135mm.
In fact, this lens section is from the Minolta AF 2.8/135mm:

http://artaphot.ch/minolta-sony-af/objektive/265-minolta-af-135mm-f28

Stephan


PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2020 11:44 am    Post subject: Re: Minolta MC PG 135/2,8 Reply with quote

stevemark wrote:
papasito wrote:
IN MAssimo Scotti page, in Artaphot and in eazypix, among others, this lens is decripted like a 7 elements lens.



The lens section abobe, probably from the Masimo Scotti page, is NOT from the Minolta Tele-Rokkor PG 2.8/135mm.
In fact, this lens section is from the Minolta AF 2.8/135mm:

http://artaphot.ch/minolta-sony-af/objektive/265-minolta-af-135mm-f28

Stephan


Thank you Stephan, very much.

I Have never thought that the scheme can be wrong.

BTW I can't find any date of the formula of this lens, only that it's 7/5.

Regards


PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2020 10:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have this lens but I have not used it for a while .
What do you want to know about it ?


PostPosted: Tue Oct 20, 2020 11:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

memetph wrote:
I have this lens but I have not used it for a while .
What do you want to know about it ?


Thank you Memetph.

As I have previously expressed call my curiosity how does the lens rendering about sharpness at the center, CA and bokeh.

The fact that it has 7 elements makes me think that the rendering can be good or perhaps very good.

For that reason I will be grateful to you for everything that you can inform to us about the question.

And if you have in your files any pic taken with the lens, please, share with us.

Again, thanks.


PostPosted: Tue Oct 20, 2020 3:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Check these out:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/55173440@N08/albums/72157711425213676

This is my copy and if you notice the bubble effect in some of the out of focus rings makes me think it may suffer from element separation


PostPosted: Tue Oct 20, 2020 7:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

michelb wrote:
Check these out:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/55173440@N08/albums/72157711425213676

This is my copy and if you notice the bubble effect in some of the out of focus rings makes me think it may suffer from element separation


Thank you Michelb.

Nice images, at f/4 become more sharp.