Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Sempervivum multispectral with UV-Nikkor 105mm
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2023 8:54 am    Post subject: Sempervivum multispectral with UV-Nikkor 105mm Reply with quote

My Sempervivum ("hen and chicks") plants were flowering due to that excellent hot weather we currentlyhave here in southwest of Germany.

Took photos in reflected UV and simulated bee and butterfly vision using an UV-Nikkor 105mm and a modified studio flash.

Just amazing how good this lens is.... glad I don't just have one of it Wink

Human Vision:

Reflected UV (300-400nm):

Simulated Butterfly vision:

Simulated Bee vision:

Quadriptych of all:

Can also be seen here on my BLOG with some expl. text:
https://photographyoftheinvisibleworld.blogspot.com/2023/06/cobweb-house-leek-flower-sempervivum.html

PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2023 11:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's a wow-sharpness!

PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2023 2:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lovely images Klaus Like 1

PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2023 3:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Like 1 Like 1 Nice work! Are these sharpened? Excellent photographic evidence of proverbial "green thumb". Curious, what is your reasoning in regards to keeping multiple copies of the same version lens? Me too -- for a spare in case something happens to one, and, for sale later...

PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2023 4:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Excellent results 👍

PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2023 7:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very impressive!!

PostPosted: Fri Jun 30, 2023 6:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks everybody! Yep those turned out rather well, except that I used the wrong "black" BG, as that one leaks some reddish hint.

visualopsins wrote:
Like 1 Like 1 Nice work! Are these sharpened? Excellent photographic evidence of proverbial "green thumb". Curious, what is your reasoning in regards to keeping multiple copies of the same version lens? Me too -- for a spare in case something happens to one, and, for sale later...

Well, I usually keep (technical) redundancy of my most important equipment always, just in case sth happens. I had three of the UV-Nikkors, but one is in Hawaii now for some astronomical research, so down to my normal Wink

And I guess my resizing to 1280 pix includes a slight resharpening indeed.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 30, 2023 7:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

kds315* wrote:
Thanks everybody! Yep those turned out rather well, except that I used the wrong "black" BG, as that one leaks some reddish hint.

visualopsins wrote:

Well, I usually keep (technical) redundancy of my most important equipment always, just in case sth happens. I had three of the UV-Nikkors, but one is in Hawaii now for some astronomical research, so down to my normal Wink

And I guess my resizing to 1280 pix includes a slight resharpening indeed.

Great captures - very interesting, detailed and well done!

Also a fascinating lens - I wonder what would happen, if you put it up against some of your other high-end lenses in that range, like the Apo El Nikkor 105 mm, a Printing-Nikkor (if there's an overlap in the optmiized magnification, that is) or Makro-Symmar 120 mm.... If you ever have the time and motivation to do some comparison shots you can upload in full size, I'm sure many here would appreciate and be very interested to see it! 👍

PostPosted: Sat Jul 01, 2023 5:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Na, won't happen - to much to do currently.