Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Holiday Ornaments
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Thu Dec 23, 2021 2:31 am    Post subject: Holiday Ornaments Reply with quote

I think they may weigh down the limbs of the tree! These are all aftermarket lenses, with two exceptions. 121 lenses and a half dozen tele-converters. Tokina is the most represented manufacturer.

Whatever you're celebrating around the winter solstice, have a happy holiday!

PostPosted: Thu Dec 23, 2021 4:21 am    Post subject: Re: Holiday Ornaments Reply with quote

casualcollector wrote:
. . . 121 lenses and a half dozen tele-converters. Tokina is the most represented manufacturer. . .

There's nothing "casual" about that collection! Wink

Like 1

PostPosted: Thu Dec 23, 2021 4:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

How many years did it take to collect those?

How many primes?

How many zooms?

Congrats

PostPosted: Thu Dec 23, 2021 8:50 am    Post subject: Re: Holiday Ornaments Reply with quote

55 wrote:
casualcollector wrote:
. . . 121 lenses and a half dozen tele-converters. Tokina is the most represented manufacturer. . .

There's nothing "casual" about that collection! Wink

Like 1

No, you're right there, they're all black! Laugh 1 Laugh 1 Laugh 1 Laugh 1 Happy Dog Happy Dog

PostPosted: Thu Dec 23, 2021 10:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mermelade jars lol, so nice

PostPosted: Thu Dec 23, 2021 12:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lovely collection. I admit hereby Christmas gifts were mostly to myself Sad.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 23, 2021 5:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The "collection" represents about thirty years. It started with camera shows, accelerated with early e-bay purchases around 2000 and moved into high gear with a move to Florida in 2005. Many have come from thrift stores as families donate their parents stuff. Some of them show their Florida heritage with fungus and migrating lubricants. Just about all of them are dressed in formal black. The exceptions are a Steinheil Cassarit 40mm and an Alpex 135mm in silver. An interesting subset are these Sears-Roebuck branded lenses. 28mm, 55mm Macro, 135mm and 200mm. A sub-subset is the Lentar Automount lenses. They are Tokina made, T4 style lenses that use a different method of attaching the adapter. A few other interesting critters are also in the collection.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 24, 2021 3:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation

PostPosted: Mon Dec 27, 2021 6:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Like 1 Like 1

PostPosted: Mon Dec 27, 2021 12:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Impressive collection.

Do you use them all? (My wife firmly believes lenses get "unhappy" unless they are being used, which means I pretty much have to use a different lens for every day of the year) Very Happy