Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Vivitar Series 1 35-85mm f2.8
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2016 9:30 pm    Post subject: Vivitar Series 1 35-85mm f2.8 Reply with quote

I'm looking for a Vivitar Series 1 35-85mm f2.8 in perfect working order. Over recent months I've bought two from eBay, both were faulty; one had a stuck aperture and the other one's focusing ring was jammed solid. It was so frustrating as the second one was in mint condition c/w original screw in front cap.
If you have one and are willing to trade, please let me know what you are looking for and hopefully I will have something from my collection to interest you.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2017 12:35 am    Post subject: Re: Vivitar Series 1 35-85mm f2.8 Reply with quote

DigiChromeEd wrote:
I'm looking for a Vivitar Series 1 35-85mm f2.8 in perfect working order. Over recent months I've bought two from eBay, both were faulty; one had a stuck aperture and the other one's focusing ring was jammed solid. It was so frustrating as the second one was in mint condition c/w original screw in front cap.
If you have one and are willing to trade, please let me know what you are looking for and hopefully I will have something from my collection to interest you.

That's a beauty of a lens - with huge glass to maintain the f2.8 throughout. I have one in Olympus/OM mount that works perfectly, but has some traces of fungus and a bit of haze behind the front element. The imperfections don't seem to show up in images. I'd trade for a decent, fast prime in similar shape if you are interested.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2017 4:01 pm    Post subject: Re: Vivitar Series 1 35-85mm f2.8 Reply with quote

DigiChromeEd wrote:

Hi Edgar,

You could contact Eoghan to see if he can repair the lens for you?
http://f1camerarepair.com/

Regards,
Si

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2017 5:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Si

I've sent the lens back to the seller already. He was offering me a refund of £20 if I wanted to keep the lens but I reckoned it would be an expensive repair on a complicated lens judging by what I've read on the internet. The search goes on .....

I'll keep Eoghan in mind for future repairs. I haven't come across him before; I assume he comes recommended by yourself?

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2017 9:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DigiChromeEd wrote:
Hi Si

I've sent the lens back to the seller already. He was offering me a refund of £20 if I wanted to keep the lens but I reckoned it would be an expensive repair on a complicated lens judging by what I've read on the internet. The search goes on .....

I'll keep Eoghan in mind for future repairs. I haven't come across him before; I assume he comes recommended by yourself?

Hi Edgar. Yes - my friend and colleague used his services recently to repair a broken Nikon SB600 flash. No issues at all.
He is not too expensive compared to others.

The other great camera repairer would be Miles Whitehead based in Kent.
http://www.swpp.co.uk/trade/10081.htm

He fixed/CLA'd my OM cameras before:
http://forum.mflenses.com/recommended-uk-camera-repair-engineer-digital-and-classic-t49183.html

Regards,
Si

PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2018 7:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm still looking for this lens preferably in either M42 or Olympus OM mount.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2018 2:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm still looking. Anyone have one to trade? Smile

PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2018 10:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have one in Nikon mount. Very clean condition, works perfectly. Has the hood and front and rear caps. I might be interested in a trade if you have something I'd find interesting. Unfortunately I can't think of any lenses I'm looking for that are equivalent in value to the S1 35-85. But I'm open to suggestions. Hmmm . . . got any interesting Minolta MD or MC or Pentax K lenses? Or (Japan) Contax? Or Fujica bayonet?

Guess I did have a few I was looking for after all . . .

PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2020 12:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DigiChromeEd wrote:

I have one. M42 mount, still has the original packaging, screw in lens cap, original lens hood. Are you interested?

Cheers!

PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2020 1:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Murdoko wrote:
DigiChromeEd wrote:

I have one. M42 mount, still has the original packaging, screw in lens cap, original lens hood. Are you interested?

Cheers!

No, sorry. I found one a few months ago.