Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

OM 135 F3,5 Zuiko (not E. Zuiko) infos ?
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sat Sep 26, 2020 12:06 pm    Post subject: OM 135 F3,5 Zuiko (not E. Zuiko) infos ? Reply with quote

The Zuiko 135 f3,5 has a rather good reputation and most are marked E. Zuiko. The latest version is marked "Zuiko" without the E and is believed to be a bit better thanks to better coatings. Now this version seems to be quite rare. Watching the net, I only managed to find a single picture of that lens. And I found no infos on differences between the 2 versions. If anyone could tell us more about that lens, I'd be very happy. Is it really rare ? Worth waiting for on sales ? Thanks guys.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 26, 2020 12:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello.
From the Papers that I have seen from Olympus, there is really 2 versions.

1. The front ring said 3,5 135
2. This ring say 135 3,5.

The same optically only mechanical changed.

Which is the better? the industries say the last, the best.

I have no experience with those lenses.

Good luck

PostPosted: Sat Sep 26, 2020 1:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

papasito wrote:
Hello.
From the Papers that I have seen from Olympus, there is really 2 versions.

1. The front ring said 3,5 135
2. This ring say 135 3,5.

The same optically only mechanical changed.

Which is the better? the industries say the last, the best.

I have no experience with those lenses.

Good luck

That's interesting. The infos I read seem to indicate same mechanics (and optics ?) but just a change in coatings for the later version. Could you show your source please ? Thanks for your input.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 26, 2020 1:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Phalbert, have a look at olympus.dementix.org and open the Hardware resource page. You will find pdfs for every lens, containing technical lens information. If you open the pdf for the 50mm f1.4, you will see there were 5 types which are C (coated). MC (multi coating) and NMC (new multi coating, the "famous" > 1.1m).
The 135mm 3.5 has no mc designation, according to these files.
Cheers,
Jan

PostPosted: Sat Sep 26, 2020 5:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Bachus. Thanks for a very interesting site.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 26, 2020 6:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Errr, Bachus, how do you open the PDF for a specific lens ? Can't figure... 😕

PostPosted: Sat Sep 26, 2020 10:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi if you click on a lense the PDF opens, then you can see it and the site says don't try to make money out of it.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2020 6:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bachus wrote
Quote:

have a look at olympus.dementix.org and open the Hardware resource page. You will find pdfs for every lens, containing technical lens information. If you open the pdf for the 50mm f1.4, you will see there were 5 types which are C (coated). MC (multi coating) and NMC (new multi coating, the "famous" > 1.1m).

I found this very useful, as I hadn't ever noticed that the lens diagrams showed information about the various versions of the lens. But looking at the diagrams, it seems to me that the MC and NMC designations both apply to lenses labelled "MC" (OLYMPUS OM-SYSTEM ZUIKO MC AUTO-S 1:1,4 f=50mm xxxxxx) . The lenses with a serial number greater than 1.1 million (labelled "OLYMPUS OM-SYSTEM ZUIKO AUTO-S 50mm 1:1,4 11xxxxx Japan" would then be the fifth version shown in the lens part number documentation. But what I find most interesting about this is that the lens documentation shows that there were clearly three different multicoated versions of the Olympus 50mm f1.4.

David

PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2020 8:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think that the non-E.Zuiko 135mm f3.5 lenses are uncommon rather than rare. Based on the serial numbers, and assuming there are no gaps in the sequence, there were about 300,000 Olympus OM 135mm f3.5 lenses made, and about 18-20,000 were the non-E.Zuikos. I'd check the listings on eBay to get a guide on availability and prices.

I'd also like to know if anyone has done any comparisons between the two versions.

David

PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2020 2:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I found interesant that only the last version of the OM lenses say, at the front ring, the focal and then the aperture (50 mm f/1,4).

PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2020 2:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DxD wrote:
I think that the non-E.Zuiko 135mm f3.5 lenses are uncommon rather than rare. Based on the serial numbers, and assuming there are no gaps in the sequence, there were about 300,000 Olympus OM 135mm f3.5 lenses made, and about 18-20,000 were the non-E.Zuikos. I'd check the listings on eBay to get a guide on availability and prices.

I'd also like to know if anyone has done any comparisons between the two versions.

David

Hi David. That's what I'm talking about. We can assume there should be a difference / improvement, but is it worth looking for the 2d version ?
OTAH, I still don't find the way to see the different versions of a lens wherever I click I get the description and the manual. I'd like to see the different versions of the 50/1,4 too...

PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2020 1:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is the relevant page - http://olympus.dementix.org/Hardware/olympus_hw.html. The parts lists for each of the listed lenses, including the 135mm f3.5 and the 50mm f1.4, are set out below the service manuals.

It all depends what situations you would be using the lens, but if the prices were similar, I would buy the non-E.Zuiko because (from what I can see) it is multi-coated.

David