Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Porst Macro Weitwinkel f/2.8 35mm, bargain wide-angle
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2020 6:07 pm    Post subject: Porst Macro Weitwinkel f/2.8 35mm, bargain wide-angle Reply with quote

I bought this lens recently on a local second hand internet store for 15€ with a Canon EF adapter already attached to it. The focusing ring is very smooth, the body is mostly plastic but the mount is made of metal. It has automatic aperture and a minimal focusing distance of 26cm. I tested the camera on my crop sensor Canon EOS 77D, wide open, the image quality is not very good, rather blurry in the corners and ghostly in the middle. I suspect the culprit here is field curvature.

Can't really complain as the lens was quite a bargain all things considered, it's a shame though that the lens doesn't get fully sharp even at f/16 where some mild softness still remains in the corners as seen here.

But hey, at least it wasn't horribly decentered like the Soligor P 35mm f/2 that I got last time for around six times the price and ended up returning as a result. The sharpness is very even, though not great.
The aperture actually has a mild sawtooth pattern when stopped down to around f/4. It quickly straightens out.

Also, sorry for the filth, haven't cleaned the lens yet, it arrived today.
Anybody else owns this lens? Does anyone know anymore info about it? Please do tell if so, thanks.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2020 6:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks a rebranded Enna to me, a rather poor performer really. I'd suggest you to sell it and to look for something else, there are many cheap options way better than this one.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2020 8:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have the Enna, and it looks the same. It is actually quite a nice lens of you use it for what it is but you have to like the soft glow effect. Here's on I made recently:

Bikeh flarekeh by The lens profile, on Flickr

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2020 8:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had one for a while. Not bad when used on APS-C camera but I prefer the older chrome 35/2.5 or 2.8 more.