Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

What's your experience with Fuji and MF?
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Fri Jan 02, 2015 9:29 pm    Post subject: What's your experience with Fuji and MF? Reply with quote

Hi,

Santa was in a very generous mood this Christmas, because he bought me a phenomenal Fuji X-T1 Graphite Silver edition. I also got the XF 56/1.2 lens with it, which is an absolute stunner when it comes to rendering. I am pretty overwhelmed what this lens delivers without even putting much skill and effort into the picture. You can even make a picture of a plain sandwich and it still looks beautiful. Fuji did a tremendous job here, that's for sure.

At the moment, I am waiting for my newly ordered MF adapters to arrive (so that I can finally mount my Leica's, M42's and Contax lenses), but meanwhile I thought I'd post this message.

I am very curious on your experiences with Fuji's and MF lenses, and what the best way is to use them on this body. Since I am an ex-Canon user, I will have to start all over learning the new system and overcoming its quirks.

I have already found there are several ways of getting MF assistance: viewfinder enlargement, split prism simulation and focus peaking.
What works best for you and is there an easy way to switch between one another? Or does one not need to do so?
What other settings do you prepare/preset etc?
Did you think of chucking out all your MF lenses and stick with Fuji's native lenses?
How do you use flash?
Etc?

Kind regards,

Crispian

PostPosted: Sat Jan 03, 2015 12:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i would be very interested in how you think the split screen simulation works. i'd also like to see some shots with your new lens.
tony

PostPosted: Sat Jan 03, 2015 7:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have an X-Pro1 and X-E2. I find them both very easy to use with manual focus lenses, the only significant things that could be improved in my opinion are:
    Additional colour options for peaking with the X-Pro1
    Focus peaking to be persistent even when the shutter is half-pressed (all models)

I have a good selection of the native mount lenses (14mm, 23mm, 35mm, 55-200mm) but I do keep reaching for manual lenses, particularly my CZ Planar 50/1.4 HFT and Rolleinar MC 85/2.8.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2015 2:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hej,

I use a XM-1 with some M42.
With focuspeaking and focus magnification it's a joy.
I dont use the inbuilt flash but got a Metz Mecablitz M42 and a Braun VarioZoom.

I dont use the XC kitlenses because they are zoom which I dont like.
I dont use XF lenses because the ones I'd like to own are too expensive.

Thinking about getting the new toy pancake Fuji announced a few days ago though.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 14, 2015 10:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello.

I use the X-E1 and I am very pleased with viewfinder magnification for focusing It's very accurate.
It's a great camera, a joy to use with MF lenses (and AF ones too).

I am very pleased with the IQ which is really great (and I compare that with my 5D MkII). Smile