Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Petri Orikkor 45mm f2.8
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2020 1:44 am    Post subject: Petri Orikkor 45mm f2.8 Reply with quote

the most dealt with Orikkor lens is the uncommon 50mm f2.0 for Petri M42 SLR.
The history of the Kuribayashi/Petri/Orikkor lens isn't much documented but it seems from older discussions and links that the maker was Kyoei Optical Co. Ltd.

anyway, the other day I saw for 100 kr. which is nothing, like 10 in the imperial currencies used by many of you like the deutsche euro or the american thaler, a Petri-7s. In these times of hipsters buying Yashicas and Minoltas rangefinder for ten times this prices, I had to grab it.
Went to get it at the house and from the hands of a fit elderly who was the only owner and was amused people could buy some device that he long away replaced with a mobile phone needing no lab.

so, this:

there's just a Petri name on the lens:

but one can reasonably suspect it's the same than the one used previously on the Petri-2.8, this one marked Orikkor. It happen I got one of these from a guy who didn't succeed in fixing the RF mechanism but I hadn't yet found the time to tinker with it. The Petri-7s was just the next generation, new look and selenium meter, lens probably the same:

yesterday I loaded a roll of Portra-160 and went to take some random shots, developed, scanned and processed. Color rendition may not at the best because the c41 developer I used. External meter.
It's not a bad lens and it can be sharp and even produce some bokeh.

it can take relatively well some frontal sun:

on the bad side, huge color aberration. For instance this at different exposure/apertures in this late evening sun:

the glow can be an annoyance or almost an acceptable advantage:

it was still raining when I took the first shots, no worries with such simple analog camera, unlike the pricey sophisticated little Sonys and such Smile I could capture a double rainbow too:

another disadvantage, focusing distance is big, I couldn't come closer than this:

----------

I was thinking, for the ridiculous prices these Petri-7 sell they could be cannibalized for the lens, to be adapted for the smaller electronic mirrolesses.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2020 6:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

results looks promising.
I have 45/1,9 orikkor kuribayashi one. I used only in digital, because camera was broken.
bokeh looks similar. colour is great