Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Test Minolta Repo (18mm*24mm)
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sun Jul 06, 2008 4:51 am    Post subject: Test Minolta Repo (18mm*24mm) Reply with quote

PostPosted: Sun Jul 06, 2008 6:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Kamerer!

Nice try with the Repo!

Sorry to say that but in my opinion, the pictures might be a little overexposed and sligthly blurred.

Which film did you use?. Which battery was placed in the camera?. I've been unable to find the specs of the Repo, so I cannot realize if the Repo was using or not the old mercury batteries.
How did you scan the pictures?.Did you scan the negative?

Composition is good on all the shots, anyway.

#4 and #5 are better than the other ones. Sky in #2 is severly degraded to green in the area above the buildings.

Please, get back with the camera info, to see what could have been wrong with them.

Regards,
Jes.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 06, 2008 7:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jesito wrote:

Which film did you use?

Konica 200/12

Jesito wrote:

. Which battery was placed in the camera?. I've been unable to find the specs of the Repo, so I cannot realize if the Repo was using or not the old mercury batteries.

Built in exponometr with a selenic photo cell.
Leanse Minolta Rokkor 30/2.8

Jesito wrote:

Yes, scan the negative, with help Nikon LS2000.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 06, 2008 9:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jesito wrote:
Hi Kamerer!

Nice try with the Repo!

Sorry to say that but in my opinion, the pictures might be a little overexposed and sligthly blurred.

Which film did you use?. Which battery was placed in the camera?. I've been unable to find the specs of the Repo, so I cannot realize if the Repo was using or not the old mercury batteries.

Composition is good on all the shots, anyway.

#4 and #5 are better than the other ones. Sky in #2 is severly degraded to green in the area above the buildings.

Please, get back with the camera info, to see what could have been wrong with them.

Regards,
Jes.

I don't think the sharpness is too bad, considering this is a half frame camera and the images are so large. If they were resized to max 900 wide they would be a lot better (and I would be able to see the whole picture). Also pictures straight off the scanner always require a touch of sharpening, which would also improve the blurring.

I agree about the over-exposure, but only about half a stop. I think this is probably because the selenium meter is losing some sensitivity. On this match-needle camera this can be corrected by setting the ASA dial at half a stop SLOWER than the film. This makes the needle give slightly higher readings and so reduces the exposure. (I found this out with the Spotmatics before we added the resistors! Smile)

As for the colour, Konica film is not made any longer and I wonder if it might be out of date. Also the scanner software I use is pretty unforgiving and reproduces exactly what it sees - a colour print machine would have corrected this to some extent I think. A little adjustment in Photoshop would help a lot:

PostPosted: Sun Jul 06, 2008 9:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

By the way, pictures of construction sites are my speciality! Very Happy

PostPosted: Sun Jul 06, 2008 9:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

peterqd wrote:

Right, Peter... the correction is perfect, nothing to say then.

Jes.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 06, 2008 9:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jesito wrote:
peterqd wrote:

Jes.

All I meant was that I've taken so many pics of sites because of my job. This pic looks like one of mine. I don't understand if I said something to upset you, I'm sorry Jes.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 06, 2008 2:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

peterqd wrote:
Jesito wrote:
peterqd wrote:

Jes.

All I meant was that I've taken so many pics of sites because of my job. This pic looks like one of mine. I don't understand if I said something to upset you, I'm sorry Jes.

Not at all Peter!!. I only tried to say that your nice correction on the picture takes out my doubts about colour and so...
Sorry If my words may have lead you to think I was upset!.
On the contrary, I appreciate very much to know how to improve the pictures. Probably we use to be be too direct in our language, and I just did a straight translation. Smile

Jes.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 06, 2008 3:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

peterqd wrote:

And I simply past went, and at me in a pocket any camera always lays.
Smile

PostPosted: Sun Jul 06, 2008 5:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jesito wrote:
Not at all Peter!!

Phew! Wink

PostPosted: Sun Jul 06, 2008 5:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kamerer wrote:
peterqd wrote:

And I simply past went, and at me in a pocket any camera always lays.
Smile

Me too, in the car anyway. I'm a type of architect. I've been taking photographs of construction sites since I first started working.