Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Question About Zenza Bronica 75mm f2.8 ETR Adaption
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2020 11:58 am    Post subject: Question About Zenza Bronica 75mm f2.8 ETR Adaption Reply with quote

The lens arrived today. I recently obtained an ETR to Nikon F adapter, in line with most of my other lenses for Sony A7r3.

Unless someone has come up with a way, other than by operating the DOF preview slider, I will have to hold that with my finger.

The particular question is the function, via this adapter, of the cam at about 10 o'clock in the adapter. Its function seems to be to rotate those two pins anticlockwise, past the two green spots. I'm sure it has a vital function on a Bronica camera but why provide this for an adapter with no moving or electronic parts?

With adapter:

PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2020 2:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have an ETRSi and I've wondered if it is possible to change an ETR-series lens's aperture manually. As you probably know, the ETR does this electronically. I've thought about getting a Nikon adapter for my ETR lenses, but this question of engaging the aperture mechanism has caused me to pause in such a purchase. Perhaps moving those two levers is the answer. As I recall, however, I was unable to move them.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2020 2:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cooltouch wrote:
I have an ETRSi and I've wondered if it is possible to change an ETR-series lens's aperture manually. As you probably know, the ETR does this electronically. I've thought about getting a Nikon adapter for my ETR lenses, but this question of engaging the aperture mechanism has caused me to pause in such a purchase. Perhaps moving those two levers is the answer. As I recall, however, I was unable to move them.

I can't move them clockwise but I can move them anticlockwise, as the cam would.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2020 5:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

if the shutter should be accidentally actuated, you wouldn't be able to use the lens since the blades would be closed; the trick in that case is to wind again the shutter with those two cams. The shutter of those Zenza are electronically controlled for all the speeds slower than 1/500, but the working principle is basically mechanic.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2020 6:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ultrapix wrote:
if the shutter should be accidentally actuated, you wouldn't be able to use the lens since the blades would be closed; the trick in that case is to wind again the shutter with those two cams. The shutter of those Zenza are electronically controlled for all the speeds slower than 1/500, but the working principle is basically mechanic.

Thanks for that. So the two cams would have moved clockwise and would have to be moved back to where they are now.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 15, 2020 12:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The only thing you should really care is that the cams are always on green position. If they shouldn't for any reason, just turn them again

e6filmuser wrote:
Ultrapix wrote:

Thanks for that. So the two cams would have moved clockwise and would have to be moved back to where they are now.