Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Zoomar 180 f/1.3
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sun Mar 07, 2021 8:33 pm    Post subject: Zoomar 180 f/1.3 Reply with quote

https://www.benl.ebay.be/itm/M42-Rare-Kilfitt-Zoomar-Zoomatar-1-3-180mm-284-0004-Lens/324504507381?hash=item4b8df9d3f5%3Ag%3AfdQAAOSw55NgQy3g&LH_All=1

How I wish I would like to find one of these on a flea-market. I wonder if I would dare to bargain the price even more down if the seller would ask only 25 Euro or so for it Wink.

Some info about this lens: https://www.cameraquest.com/zoomar13.htm

I love "Heinz Kilfitt" lenses. To me he was the greatest lens-genius who ever lived.

Yesterday I bought a Heinz Kilfitt Sport-Fern-Kilar 400mm f/4. But I am having some problems with the mount. I have to fix that first before I can thoroughly test it.
But like all his lenses this one is gem as well.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 07, 2021 9:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree with your regard for Heinz Killfit lenses. I've owned only three over the years -- a 45mm macro, a 90mm macro, and a 300mm prototype with a reflex housing.

The 45 and 90 were both works of art, I felt. The 300mm was rather crude looking, but it was a prototype, after all. And I've seen how Killfit incorporated the same design philosophy in many of their other lens designs. And I've always thought that Killfit's designs were very cool looking

PostPosted: Sun Mar 07, 2021 9:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cooltouch wrote:
I agree with your regard for Heinz Killfit lenses. I've owned only three over the years -- a 45mm macro, a 90mm macro, and a 300mm prototype with a reflex housing.

The 45 and 90 were both works of art, I felt. The 300mm was rather crude looking, but it was a prototype, after all. And I've seen how Killfit incorporated the same design philosophy in many of their other lens designs. And I've always thought that Killfit's designs were very cool looking

That's exactly how I see it. It's not only his extensive list of achievements (that are phenomenal) : https://photobutmore.de/exakta/kilfitt/
But it's also a lot in the technical- and design details that his genious shows.

For example, just look at that 400mm Sport-Fern-Kilar 4/400 (picture from the internet).

How that lens is curved all the way. Even the hood bends along. Plus the technical details like the use of a focus-lever, the way the focus system works and the way it's finished showed his originality and eye for detail. And this is just one of the many examples that can be given.

[/img]

PostPosted: Sun Mar 07, 2021 10:19 pm    Post subject: Re: Zoomar 180 f/1.3 Reply with quote

Last edited by Blazer0ne on Tue Feb 22, 2022 7:19 pm; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Sun Mar 07, 2021 10:41 pm    Post subject: Re: Zoomar 180 f/1.3 Reply with quote

Blazer0ne wrote:
So, eBay tells me, That’s a seller I’ve bought from.

Well, this is your chance to buy from him again Wink.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 08, 2021 1:10 am    Post subject: Re: Zoomar 180 f/1.3 Reply with quote

Last edited by Blazer0ne on Tue Feb 22, 2022 6:36 pm; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Mon Mar 08, 2021 4:10 am    Post subject: Re: Zoomar 180 f/1.3 Reply with quote

PostPosted: Mon Mar 08, 2021 8:07 am    Post subject: Re: Zoomar 180 f/1.3 Reply with quote

[quote="Blazer0ne"]
Lucse wrote:

Not sure if the 400mm is similar in this way. My copy of the shorter 300mm f4 did have a M39 thread hidden underneath the Arri bayonet. This was much easier to tackle with adapting M42 focus helical and some extension tubes. The back plate did rotate and slip occasionally which would cause issues with the mounting part.

The mounting systems and the ways that these are fit to the rest of the lenses are indeed complicated and far from uni-formal.
The end-mount of that 400mm is somewhat like a T2-mount. With the bayonet-mount itself sitting over a V-grooved ring and fixed with three adjusting screws.
But it has different size then a normal T2 -mount.
That mount-combination is sitting on a tube that is fixed on the rest of the lens with a threaded ring.
That ring looks exactly the same as the one on my Makro-Kilar 90mm f/2.8.... but it isn't. The size of that ring is slighly different so it's not interchangeable.

My Kilfitt 300mm f/4 even has a third, different kind of ring to mount the tube (that has the actual mount on it) to the rest of the lens.
And on my Kilar 150mm f/3.5 that fixing of the mounting-tube is done by a simple M42 thread.

This annoys me the most in Kilfitt lenses. All the different, detachable tubing and mounting systems that lack uniformity.

I guess the man was a whimsical genious Wink.

BTW: the problem I am having is only a minor one. As I said the actual mount is fixed to that V-grooved ring with three headless screws.
But these warn out, damaged, screws can not be turned far enough to get a good enough fix of those two mount-parts. I ordered three new screws (M2.5 X 5mm) and those will solve the problem.

Well... I only hope that the screws are indeed M2.5 and that they do not have some genious, rare kind of thread Wink.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 08, 2021 1:55 pm    Post subject: Re: Zoomar 180 f/1.3 Reply with quote

PostPosted: Mon Mar 08, 2021 6:52 pm    Post subject: Re: Zoomar 180 f/1.3 Reply with quote

Blazer0ne wrote:
The m39 backplate I was referring to on the 300mm f4 is labeled Ansic. This lens looks similar in design to the 400mm. Though not sure they are compatible like that

One must be almost a genius to understand how the Kilfitt-mounts work and can be combined:

An ANWE, which converts the AN base to a WE base, then a WEKI. You can see more on the WEKI below.
An ANSIC, which converts certain AN base lenses to a Kilfitt mirror box. One must then fix a MUZWI to the ANSIC. Or an ANSPI. Rolling Eyes

More brainbreakers about this issue can be found here: https://www.pentaconsix.com/multik.htm