Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Olympus OM-Zuiko 65-200mm f4.0 on Canon EOS 1d mkII N
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2020 4:44 am    Post subject: Olympus OM-Zuiko 65-200mm f4.0 on Canon EOS 1d mkII N Reply with quote

Surprisingly good for such an old zoom and certainly better than a modern consumer zoom in this range. I'm not a fan of zoom lenses but I like this one. It has low contrast and I've boosted the contrast of these shots. It focuses pretty close too so is unusually good for macro shots of things like flowers.

#5 - 100% crop of some tiny insect on a blade of grass

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2020 5:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have 2 of these and both have damaged cement between some elements in the rear. (it is due to aging and cannot be fixed) This results in a thin haze most visible if you look through using a flashlight and it could be the reason why yours has low contrast. The OM 50-250 has the same problem but apparently not the 85-250. I don't use my 65-200 anymore.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2020 7:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"unless they are riding the train!"

Like 1 Like 1 Nice work Ian!

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2020 9:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cheers guys. I'll shine an LED torch in it and see if there is haze, thanks for that tip.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2020 11:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Ian. Did you check for haze?

PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2020 1:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hiya

Not yet, I boxed my entire collection up for safe keeping while I do some decorating and remodelling work on my house.