Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Choosing a premium 35mm
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2020 7:35 pm    Post subject: Re: Choosing a premium 35mm Reply with quote

blotafton wrote:
Carl Zeiss Distagon 35mm f/2 ZE/ZF/ZK.

The 35mm Distagon f/2 is my recommendation. That lens is incredible. The images it produces look like they're alive.

It comes in a ZS version (M42) too, FWIW.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2020 10:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

When looking at different samples I prefer the Distagon look over the Loxia. But I'm sure both are great.

[quote="hasenbein"]
Oldhand wrote:
blotafton wrote:
Hi everyone. I've been thinking about getting a good and fast 35mm for my Sony a7. Not necessarily a resolution chart winner or a super corrected lens. It needs to have good bokeh (no onion ring or distracting shapes), not too heavy. And some 3d-pop.

If you are considering the Distagon, then you might also look for an SMC Pentax 2/35 (the Hollywood lens)
Although the Zeiss might be cheaper
T

The 2/35 is NOT the "Hollywood". You seem not very knowledgeable.
It's the 2/28.

Photos from the Distagon 28mm f/2 looks great to me. From Pentax is the 28mm f/2 and 15mm f/3.5 that are based on Carl Zeiss?

Last edited by blotafton on Wed Aug 12, 2020 10:24 am; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2020 10:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

blotafton wrote:
Carl Zeiss Distagon 35mm f/2 ZE/ZF/ZK.

The 35mm Distagon f/2 is my recommendation. That lens is incredible. The images it produces look like they're alive.

It comes in a ZS version (M42) too, FWIW.

Oh, forgot about that version. It would be fine too.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2020 4:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like the Voigtlander Nokton 35mm f/1.4. It's tiny body, coupled with a tiny LM-FE adapter makes it an ideal match for an already small A7 body.

Cheonan bokeh by Artem, on Flickr

Quiet night coffee in Insa-dong by Artem, on Flickr

Bokeh in Cheonan by Artem, on Flickr

出掛ける時期 by Artem, on Flickr

PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2020 12:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Arutemu wrote:
I like the Voigtlander Nokton 35mm f/1.4. It's tiny body, coupled with a tiny LM-FE adapter makes it an ideal match for an already small A7 body.

Cheonan bokeh by Artem, on Flickr

Quiet night coffee in Insa-dong by Artem, on Flickr

Bokeh in Cheonan by Artem, on Flickr

出掛ける時期 by Artem, on Flickr

I tried this lens on A7 too. it is a good portrait lens as you have shown! Like 1 small

PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2020 12:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The original Canon EF 35/1.4 L is getting pretty affordable.

PostPosted: Wed May 26, 2021 10:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

An opportunity came up. A choice was made. It was the Nokton 35mm f/1.4 multicoated. Now it's a wait for a chinese close focus adapter. I think 35mm's with Planar designs are interesting. It's not the usual design choice these days, but they certainly have character.

PostPosted: Thu May 27, 2021 1:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

blotafton wrote:
An opportunity came up. A choice was made. It was the Nokton 35mm f/1.4 multicoated. Now it's a wait for a chinese close focus adapter. I think 35mm's with Planar designs are interesting. It's not the usual design choice these days, but they certainly have character.

Congrats