Home
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Computar f2 35mm on Nikon J1
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2020 2:13 pm    Post subject: Computar f2 35mm on Nikon J1 Reply with quote

A tiny C mount lens but a great performer. Brutally sharp, but the standout feature is the bokeh which is so smooth it would put many a Sonnar to shame. Focuses very close too. Contrast is high and it appears to be both immune to flare and apochromatic as I deliberately took a shot into the sun wide open and there is zero flare, glare or CA. Don't know what the coverage it, but I suspect it will cover APS-C.

#2 f4, as sharp as the sensor can resolve.

#3 wide open, usably sharp, but note you can't read the 'restaurant & bar' lettering at the bottom of the clock tower, whereas it is clearly legible in the f4 shot above.

#7 - The sun is on the left edge of the frame but there is no flare, glare or CA. Impressive.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2020 3:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Impressive lens indeed! But why do you think it covers aps-c?

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2020 3:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Because the other 35mm c mount lenses I have tried did.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2020 4:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

iangreenhalgh1 wrote:
Because the other 35mm c mount lenses I have tried did.

Then I could use it on my A7rii as well, I believe it has an aps-c mode (cropping basically).

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2020 5:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll dig out my NEX-3 and a c mount adapter and try it and report back.

This is the lens, it's only specced for 2/3", but I have found that manufacturer's specs for c mount lenses and their coverage are pretty meaningless.

https://www.lambdaphoto.co.uk/computar-m3520-mpw2-2-3-35mm-5-megapixel-f2-0-c-mount.html