Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Computar f2 35mm on Nikon J1
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2020 2:13 pm    Post subject: Computar f2 35mm on Nikon J1 Reply with quote

A tiny C mount lens but a great performer. Brutally sharp, but the standout feature is the bokeh which is so smooth it would put many a Sonnar to shame. Focuses very close too. Contrast is high and it appears to be both immune to flare and apochromatic as I deliberately took a shot into the sun wide open and there is zero flare, glare or CA. Don't know what the coverage it, but I suspect it will cover APS-C.

#2 f4, as sharp as the sensor can resolve.

#3 wide open, usably sharp, but note you can't read the 'restaurant & bar' lettering at the bottom of the clock tower, whereas it is clearly legible in the f4 shot above.

#7 - The sun is on the left edge of the frame but there is no flare, glare or CA. Impressive.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2020 3:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Impressive lens indeed! But why do you think it covers aps-c?

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2020 3:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Because the other 35mm c mount lenses I have tried did.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2020 4:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

iangreenhalgh1 wrote:
Because the other 35mm c mount lenses I have tried did.

Then I could use it on my A7rii as well, I believe it has an aps-c mode (cropping basically).

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2020 5:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll dig out my NEX-3 and a c mount adapter and try it and report back.

This is the lens, it's only specced for 2/3", but I have found that manufacturer's specs for c mount lenses and their coverage are pretty meaningless.

https://www.lambdaphoto.co.uk/computar-m3520-mpw2-2-3-35mm-5-megapixel-f2-0-c-mount.html