Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

SMC Takumar 45~125/4 in the city
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Fri Aug 07, 2020 6:11 am    Post subject: SMC Takumar 45~125/4 in the city Reply with quote

(#WeWantToBreathe)

(an old wooden door)

Lens has fungus but still manages well both sharpness and sun Smile

PostPosted: Fri Aug 07, 2020 9:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very good images from a very good lens.
I think this has the same optics as the SMC Pentax Zoom 45-125 f4
Some reference to it here:
http://forum.mflenses.com/smc-pentax-zoom-45-125-f4-t78633.html

PostPosted: Fri Aug 07, 2020 3:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Like 1 Like 1 Underrated lens imho. Sharp from wide open. Useful and practical focal range on both APS-C and FF cameras.

Niice work CarbonR!

PostPosted: Fri Aug 07, 2020 5:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MFD of a whopping 1.5 meters.

No go. Not useful. Only for people who buy lenses not for actually going out and shooting but for collecting and writing posts in forums.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 07, 2020 6:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice images. Pentax had these zooms of uncommon focal range. I need to dig out my 40-80mm and test it.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 07, 2020 6:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

visualopsins wrote:
Like 1 Like 1 Underrated lens imho. Sharp from wide open. Useful and practical focal range on both APS-C and FF cameras.

Niice work CarbonR!

Yes, and even good from 45 to 125mm. I used it in the past when it did not had fungus and am still surprised with its results. It also have a quite nice bokeh for a zoom, not these bad colored ones.

hasenbein wrote:
MFD of a whopping 1.5 meters.

No go. Not useful. Only for people who buy lenses not for actually going out and shooting but for collecting and writing posts in forums.

As you did not post any samples here, you surely belong to this last group ! Wink