Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Schneider Cine-Xenon 2/90 on Sony a850
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sat Dec 20, 2014 12:51 pm    Post subject: Schneider Cine-Xenon 2/90 on Sony a850 Reply with quote

Finally finished mounting my modified Cine-Xenon 2/90 (now with added aperture) to achieve infinity on my a850, so just a few test shots. I didn't take note of aperture settings.

100% crop:

PostPosted: Sat Dec 20, 2014 1:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

its surprising how this worked out, since according to lens diagram the iris location is exactly the position of the 4th element. SK designed it this way to prevent iris insertion, but it seems you got a result

I assume you put iris between 3e and 4e

PostPosted: Sat Dec 20, 2014 3:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If it is a 7e design, with 3e in front and 4e in back, then I put the iris in the middle between 3rd and 4th, which would be the optical centre. This particular lens had a barrel that unscrewed into two halves, which made the job much easier.

I just picked up a Cine-Xenon 2/60 and it's a totally different design, but also has a rear part that unscrews, so I should also be able to put an aperture in that one if I chose, but I might not bother.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 20, 2014 5:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Edited

Last edited by bernhardas on Sun Jul 03, 2016 7:11 am; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Sat Dec 20, 2014 5:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

top quality lens, congrats!!

PostPosted: Sat Dec 20, 2014 7:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cheers. What I like about it is how it copes with badlight. All these shots were taken in bad light and the lens overcomes it.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 21, 2014 12:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Excellent images Ian, it handles the low light very well.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 21, 2014 7:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

......"I will steer clear of cine lenses, i will not buy cine lenses"... "I will steer clear of cine lenses, i will not buy cine lenses"... "I will steer clear of cine lenses, i will not buy cine lenses"... "I will steer clear of cine lenses, i will not buy cine lenses"... "I will steer clear of cine lenses, i will not buy cine lenses"... "I will steer clear of cine lenses, i will not buy cine lenses"... "I will steer clear of cine lenses, i will not buy cine lenses"...

PostPosted: Sun Dec 21, 2014 8:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the kind words.

The Schneider, ISCO and Kollmorgen cine lenses for 35mm and 70mmprofessional theatre projection are hard to ignore, you can pick them up for 50 bucks although some sellers ask a lot more.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 21, 2014 10:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very nice results Ian, seems a nice lens. yes nice days are hard to come by, had a nice day the other day here stuck indoors laying new flooring Crying or Very sad

PostPosted: Sun Dec 28, 2014 7:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great job with the mod, looks to be another lesser-known short telephoto lens that can really punch above its price.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 28, 2014 10:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thing is, it's price when new was somewhere between 3-4000USD!

So in terms of glass types, coatings and perhaps aspherical surfaces, it probably lacks nothing compared to contemporary top of the line camera lenses.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 28, 2014 10:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

These images are gorgeous!
Great job on the lens conversion too

PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2020 8:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

iangreenhalgh1 wrote:
Thing is, it's price when new was somewhere between 3-4000USD!

So in terms of glass types, coatings and perhaps aspherical surfaces, it probably lacks nothing compared to contemporary top of the line camera lenses.

Ian, are you still on that forum?