Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Longhorn Beetle Through Printing Nikkor 105mm
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2020 2:28 pm    Post subject: Longhorn Beetle Through Printing Nikkor 105mm Reply with quote

The beetle is Agapanthus villosoviridescens the Golden-bloomed Grey Longhorn Beetle.

The lens was on the A7r3 and at 1/40 sec f11 ISO 400, cloudy daylight, hand held.

Images have been cropped slightly.

The stereo is crosseye.

OK, the view from above is not what I would normally want but it was all that was offered.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2020 4:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fantastic, I would love one of those printing nikkors. I've just got a Zeiss Luminar to play with tough, and that might fulfil my macro needs.

Sadly I can't see the stereo, I found out last year that I am slightly crosseyed so I can't perceive any 3D imagery.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2020 4:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

iangreenhalgh1 wrote:
Fantastic, I would love one of those printing nikkors. I've just got a Zeiss Luminar to play with tough, and that might fulfil my macro needs.

Sadly I can't see the stereo, I found out last year that I am slightly crosseyed so I can't perceive any 3D imagery.

For these, you just need to be a bit more crosseyed! Follow your finger outwards from vertical to your nose and relax your focus.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2020 6:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can sort of see something. The optician told me last year I have a slight turn in one eye, he said it is probably due to a blow to the head at some point. Had a few of those over the years, sadly.

Regardless, lovely picture, and inspired me to go insect hunting. How far from the insect was the Nikkor?

PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2020 6:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

iangreenhalgh1 wrote:
I can sort of see something. The optician told me last year I have a slight turn in one eye, he said it is probably due to a blow to the head at some point. Had a few of those over the years, sadly.

Regardless, lovely picture, and inspired me to go insect hunting. How far from the insect was the Nikkor?

Here is my calibration:

Extension mm Working Distance (No hood) mm FOV mm Mag
145 390 36 0.5
225 210 17 1
340 155 10 1.7
385 150 8 2

The columns are present in editing view but lost on upload.

The body of the beetle is supposed to be 22mm long and the sensor 36mm but I have cropped maybe a third off.