Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Good Lenses to adapt to E-mount and Micro 4/3?
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sat Aug 22, 2020 6:03 pm    Post subject: Good Lenses to adapt to E-mount and Micro 4/3? Reply with quote

E mount would be full frame. I know probably "any" good lens would probably be good to adapt to modern digital cameras, but I'm wondering if any are good specifically or can be recommended. Looking at avoiding thorium glass. I already have a helios. I have a 50mm and 135mm pentacon. Gonna adapt these but are any others worth mentioning?

Thinking about picking up maybe a 90mm 2.5 tamron adaptall, good length for micro 4/3 at telephoto and e mount at slight telephoto.

I'm thinking the adaptall lenses may be good because of the large range and interesting lengths.

QBM mount looks interesting, a little cheaper because the film bodies are crap, so the lenses are a little cheaper than standard Zeiss/Schneider lenses, but still a little expensive.

Any recommendations welcome.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 22, 2020 6:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Adapt for making photos of what, specifically?

PostPosted: Sat Aug 22, 2020 7:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

visualopsins wrote:

Portraits, street photography, landscapes.

I know that's pretty broad, but street photos and landscapes I love doing.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 23, 2020 12:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

for m43 there are no wide options, so it is better to use native glass for street and landscape. For for full frame e-mount the options are limitless.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 23, 2020 12:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Budget must not be an issue because you didn't mention one at all, other than QMB being cheaper but still expensive.
I'd pick the 90/2.5 Tokina/Vivitar over the 90/2.5 Tamron.
Did you want a lineup all from one brand? Or a mix n match set?
There are hundreds of different lenses out there that are awesome.
I like having both rangefinder lenses and slr lenses, the rangefinder lenses are compact for travel and still perform, and I like the ergonomics of slr lenses where they are more comfortable to use every day.
You also didn't mention what focal length range you are looking to fill, I wouldn't be caught dead without my Voigtlander VM 15mm ver.III, I love that lens, and I don't usually use focal lengths longer than 100mm, where as I know other shooters that rarely use anything shorter than 200mm... So we do require some hint of focal lengths you like to use, and subjects you like to shoot.
There is no point recommending a 15mm lens if you don't shoot wider than 35mm.

So, yes, there are lots of lenses worth recommending, and not everyone will agree on all of them
Leica R: 19 v2, 28/2.8 v2, 35/2, 50/2, 90/2, 60/2.8 Macro, 100/2.8 APO Macro, 180/3.4 APO
Zeiss Contax 21/2.8, 25, 28/2, 35/2 & 2.8, 50/1.4, 85/1.4, 100/2 Marko, 135
RE Topcor/Topcon 20, 25, 28/2.8, 35/2.8, 58/1.8 & 1.4 & 3.5 Macro, 85/1.8, 100/2.8, 135/3.5, 200 I'm a big fan of Topcor lenses, so slightly biased towards them.
SMC K Pentax 28/3.5 & 2, 35/2, 50/1.4, 55/1.8, 85/1.8
Then there are lenses from Olympus, Konica, Minolta, Canon, Nikon, Voigtlander, Mayer, Yashica, CZJ....
Then there are the Off brand lenses, like Sigma, Cosina, Tokina, Tamron, Tomoika, etc... that supply lenses to brands like Vivitar and store brands which have some jewels but mostly chaff. Which is why I recommend sticking to brands you know, the odds of getting a dud is far less, especially when just starting this adapting journey. You may pay more for the core set but will have a good foundation to branch out and compare the bargains to as you come across them.
Do look for optical and mechanical issues, especially as the $ goes up, it's easier to write off $20 to fungus than $600.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 23, 2020 1:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Forest_rain wrote:
visualopsins wrote:

Portraits, street photography, landscapes.

I know that's pretty broad, but street photos and landscapes I love doing.

A 17/3.5 Tamron or Tokina, with fast 28mm 35mm 50mm 85mm, could be used n both cameras for your purposes.