Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Adapting a PHOTO-SONICS schneider 360 to nex
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2020 6:00 pm    Post subject: Adapting a PHOTO-SONICS schneider 360 to nex Reply with quote

I spotted this lens on ebay and bid hoping the photo sonics was easily replaced with an exakta mount I could scavenge from a dead lens. No such luck. I decided to create my own. Lackin a lathe I used hole saws, welder, grinder and fabled a bell. I sandwiched cheap short m42 extension tubes to get a proper mount. Fortunately 1in flat (which i bent into a ring) and 2 x 1/8 plate plus the extension tube were about a mm on the good side to reach infinity. It goes about an eighth turn past infinity. Looks decidedly homemade but is robust. Which it needed to be as the lens is heavy!

PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2020 6:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good show!
Where there is a will there's a way.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2020 3:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You guys are crazy! Very Happy Wink

Well done, jamaeolus. Like 1 small

PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2020 11:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

luisalegria wrote:
Good show!
Where there is a will there's a way.
Will didn't do this, I did! /j I have a buddy named Will and I always try to sneak in jokes like this.
"Why are the military always so read to fire at you, Will?"

PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2020 1:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fantastic work, I heartily approve!

PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2020 1:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I checked out PHOTO-SONICS on google and apparently they built high speed film cameras, some certainly for military and likely also for science. Some 70mm stuff available on e-bay. I can't imagine what a high speed 70mm custom film camera might cost back in the days when that was the cutting edge!